My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1100s

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jesst2804

Hi there,

Recently my parents bought the above mentioned box for their bedroom as their old Freesat box went faulty

My dad asked me today to take a look at it as he said it kept coming up “100% no channels found”. So I’ve spent the past couple of hours checking everything and trying to get it working - but nothing!

I know that the LnB can’t be faulty as the box they have in the living room is fine and they recently had a satellite engineer out running all the cables for them.

Before I stick the box on a bonfire, is there anything I can do? I’ve tried changing the postcode to mine and also their previous address but that doesn’t work either! Nightmare and seems like a total waste of money at the moment

Thanks

Jess

| Sun 1 Apr 2018 14:37:03 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Have you tried the living room box in the bedroom to ensure that the bedroom cables really are OK?

| Sun 1 Apr 2018 15:03:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jesst2804

Hi there,

Yep, tried that and tried their old sky box which is fine as picks up all free view channels. When I switch the box to non-Freesat, it finds hundreds of channels, but there is no EPG, can’t record etc

Thanks

Jess

| Sun 1 Apr 2018 15:05:14 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Very Likely it is a LNB problem failing to receive horizontal polarised channels which the freesat transponder is on.
    Without this transponder I will find no channels in freesat mode.

In non freeset mode that is far short of the number of channels it should find.

Can the Sky box get BBC NEWS HD. If so it is possibly just a faulty LNB port - in any case I think it is time for a new LNB.

| Sun 1 Apr 2018 16:45:25 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.