My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1100S

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

fifer brown

Our fairly new HDR1100s switches on and off every night at 17.45 even though not in use - we know about it because we are usually watching a tv programme at that time - not via the Humax. The screen goes to the Humax for less than a minute and then back to the TV programme. We think it has happened at other times also and may even happen when the TV is switched off.
    Does this happen to others and what is the reason for it, and the solution?

| Tue 12 Feb 2019 16:59:33 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Do you have a power on time set in settings General?

| Tue 12 Feb 2019 17:22:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

fifer brown

Thanks for your response. I have just checked settings and the power on and off are not set to times.

| Tue 12 Feb 2019 18:13:33 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Can you also review recording reservations for a daily scheduled programme.

What you describe sounds like a power-up wakeup but when the TV picture goes back to TV it may well be still on.

Think I would try a reset to default (system settings) - You will need to re-enter your recording schedule (a photo will help) your recordings will not be deleted.

| Tue 12 Feb 2019 23:05:28 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Can you also review recording reservations for a daily scheduled programme.

What you describe sounds like a power-up wakeup but when the TV picture goes back to TV it may well be still on.

Think I would try a reset to default (system settings) - You will need to re-enter your recording schedule (a photo will help) your recordings will not be deleted.

| Tue 12 Feb 2019 23:07:58 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

fifer brown

Thanks for your further advice - I will try the reset you suggest but will only know if the problem recurs if it happens when I am watching TV.

Last night, on various occasions, random timings of programmes set to record on other days were being shown briefly at the top of the screen - might this be a sign of additional problems? However, I will try the reset first and see if it cures the problems.

| Wed 20 Feb 2019 14:23:59 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Rereading the earlier posts I should have also asked if you had any reservations for 18:00 (with accurate record i.e. Padding=Auto a wake up would occur 15 mins before).

The seeing of recordings at the top of the screen is known to occur after setting of a reservation, (I believe this was some debugging code that was not removed).

| Wed 20 Feb 2019 14:42:23 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.