My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000S

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

speirs2

My box started making a noise while watching TV then wouldn't let me watch recordings, i did a reset and now all recordings have gone, i have been mostly trouble free with this box and it's quite old now , is there anything else i can do or should i wait for the new box to be released and get a new one.
    Thanks

| Wed 29 Jan 2020 16:37:54 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi speirs2,

Welcome to the Humax forum. I used to own a Humax HDR1000S & thankfully Humax replaced my box with the newer model 1100S that is more reliable. Humax no longer make this model due to problems. The worst scenario is that the sata interface within the motherboard has a fault, causing the hard drive issue. The hard drive probably is ok, but not accessible. You could contact Humax directly & see if they can help. I had to pay for mine to be "repaired"(actually an exchange). Not sure if you can rescue the recordings. Maybe someone else on the forum can help you further. My advice in the meantime is unplug pvr & try again to see if it will reboot. Worth a try. If you do succeed (!) watch your recordings quickly or even copy onto DVD via the Scart connection. I know how frustrating it must be, especially if you have a lot of recordings. Let us know how you get on. John

| Wed 29 Jan 2020 17:19:39 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.