My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

hdr 1100s another remote problem

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dac123

HDR 1100S about 6 months old
    The set top box works fine with the buttons on the box, the remote has stopped working.
    The STB light does not come on when pressed and the batteries have been changed, I have tried 0 and ok for 30 seconds with and without batteries, I then tried 0 and ok with the remote pointing at the box, as I let the two buttons go the STB light flashed red for a fraction of a second and the tv satellite picture went to mute with the symbol showing. No buttons on the remote work I tried the 0 and ok buttons again pointing at the box, this time not a flicker from the STB button/light any advice would be welcome.

| Mon 6 Feb 2017 22:38:29 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

As unit is probably still under warranty, contact Humax Support for advice. I would guess they will replace the remote initially.

| Mon 6 Feb 2017 23:17:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dac123

Thanks for the advice but a strange thing just happened, after I had tried the things I mentioned above I left the remote without touching it for an hour or so while on the PC. I picked up the remote and pressed the STB light which showed red, I tried it with the box and its working fine now. I have no idea what just Happened or why.

| Mon 6 Feb 2017 23:37:22 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Danbo

^^^
    My 1100s remote STB button started to become intermittent after 14 months. It was a pain as if you accidentally pressed the TV button, there was very little I could do to get it back to STB mode apart from pressing it about 20 times with varying degrees of force and desperation...

In the end I'd had enough and carefully pried open the remote. I used an alcohol wipe to clean the contacts on the button and board but that wasn't the issue. It seems that the conducting contacts on the back of the buttons are thin and wear so they no longer conduct. I proved this by using the key for the TV button over the STB contact on the circuit board and it switched (LED red) every time. Changed it back to the STB button over the contact and no LED. Quite why one of the least used buttons decided not to work like this is a mystery.

My solution. A dab of glue and a very small circle of tin foil stuck over the contact on the back of the button. Now the button works every time.

| Tue 7 Feb 2017 12:31:16 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Or you could just do what I have done and bought a replacement from Humax Direct.

| Wed 8 Feb 2017 12:05:43 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Danbo

Faust - 10 hours ago  » 
    Or you could just do what I have done and bought a replacement from Humax Direct.

Right...Or save £27 as I did...

| Wed 8 Feb 2017 22:29:12 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Danbo - 18 hours ago  » 

Faust - 10 hours ago  » 

Right...Or save £27 as I did...

It's the thin end of the wedge. I opened up my original and got it working again. However, other buttons then started to fail. £27 is hardly a kings ransom is it?

| Thu 9 Feb 2017 17:20:44 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Danbo

It's the thin end of the wedge. I opened up my original and got it working again. However, other buttons then started to fail. £27 is hardly a kings ransom is it?

Well you didn't say initially! If other buttons start to fail for me as well, then that changes things.

| Fri 10 Feb 2017 11:55:26 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Danbo - 22 minutes ago  » 

Well you didn't say initially! If other buttons start to fail for me as well, then that changes things.

Is the unit less then 2 years old?
    Did you register it with Humax for 2 year warranty?

| Fri 10 Feb 2017 12:19:31 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Danbo

Is the unit less then 2 years old?
    Did you register it with Humax for 2 year warranty?

Yes 14 months old but I didn't register it with Humax. Wasn't aware of this 2 yr warranty option. Also I'm not in the UK and returns might be more of an issue.

| Fri 10 Feb 2017 13:39:03 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.