My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1100s missing channels

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Squareman3000

Hi, before I call an engineer out I wonder if anyone can help?

The above unit is missing a number of channels. Seems to be no logic to which ones (example ch4 is missing but Ch4 HD is present. BBC1 is ok but BBC4 not there). If
    It would help I can post a full list of channels missing.

The message on the missing channels is “the receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak”

The box has two satellite cables running into it and I’ve taken out and refitted both, wiggled them about etc. I’ve also done a reset and rescan for channels.

Can anyone help? Thank you

| Fri 2 Sep 2022 13:52:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Squareman3000 - 37 mins ago  » 
    The above unit is missing a number of channels. Seems to be no logic to which ones (example ch4 is missing but Ch4 HD is present. BBC1 is ok but BBC4 not there). If

More details would help. BBC1 is regional which region are you receiving? Have a look at https://en.satexpat.com/tv/uk/freesat/ and see if there is any pattern to the missing channels. Are you getting both Horizontal and Vertical polarised channels (the H and V in column 3)?

| Fri 2 Sep 2022 14:35:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Squareman3000

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

Squareman3000 - 37 mins ago  » 

More details would help. BBC1 is regional which region are you receiving? Have a look at https://en.satexpat.com/tv/uk/freesat/ and see if there is any pattern to the missing channels. Are you getting both Horizontal and Vertical polarised channels (the H and V in column 3)?

Thank you.

I’m receiving BBC south region.

Looking at the list you provided, every channel that is missing is a H with the only exception being ITV+1 which I have and is a H.

All V channels are present

Thank you

| Fri 2 Sep 2022 16:02:44 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Squareman3000 - 29 mins ago  » 
    I’m receiving BBC south region.
    Looking at the list you provided, every channel that is missing is a H with the only exception being ITV+1 which I have and is a H.

I am by no means a satellite expert but my guess is that the LNB is faulty. I believe it is pretty straightforward to replace if you can access the dish.

| Fri 2 Sep 2022 16:34:34 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Squareman3000

Hi just an update. It’s all working this morning? Really strange? Obviously don’t want to go out and replace parts if not needed, but if anyone else has any ideas as to what’s happening and why I’d appreciate your input!

Cheers!

| Sat 3 Sep 2022 9:00:55 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.