My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1100s not turning on correctly

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tpost

Have been reading all the many posts about boxes not performing correctly but in desperation I also have to post!
    My 1100s is 16 months old and some of the time it has worked ok However recently it sometimes fails to turn on and all we get is a pink screen with some of the picture in the backgrounded showing the red LED light The only way to resolve this is to turn off at the mains and wait 30 seconds and then reboot. Then it works fine. This seems to occur when the box has been turned on an hour or more before.

The lights on the LED do not appear to be functioning correctly either as it can boot correctly but only show a red light and maybe after changing programmes it will turn blue but not always. The record purple light does not come on when a programme is being recorded so we have no way of checking without going into menu.The light problem seems to have happened following the last software download.

I have followed just about all the suggestions you people have posted and did yet another factory reset last night and the pink screen appeared soon after. Both the TV and Humax are controlled buy a Harmony remote.

Don't really want to send back to Humax as any replacement is is just a repaired box.

Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks

| Wed 2 Nov 2016 13:01:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tpost

I posted this back in November but unfortunately received to response so please forgive the repost!

I have not been able to resolve this problem and it is still very annoying as it all seems to have stemmed from the last software upgrade. Is there any fix anyone has found?

The pink screen happens 3 or 4 times a week and the only way to resolve it is to turn off at the mains.

I would appreciate comments from other 1100s owners especially about the light sequence.

Thanks

| Sat 10 Dec 2016 13:44:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Tpost - 1 month ago  » I have followed just about all the suggestions you people have posted and did yet another factory reset last night and the pink screen appeared soon after.

Not too sure what you have tried; however pink screen is normally to do with HDCP and handshaking, it's unlikely to be anything to do with the last software upgrade otherwise the forum would be flooded.
    First thing to try is try to rectify without powering off, so switching between HD and SD channels, switch hdmi inputs on TV, change resolution on humax if possible. I'd imagine changing resolution if possible is the most likely to work. If this is the case try another hdmi lead and/or hdmi input on the TV. If none of this helps over time then drop the resolution from, presumably 1080p to 1080i on the humax.
    I tend to think most returns are from users who just can't get on with the box; however there must be the odd faulty one. You'll see on this forum that some owners return their box 3 or 4 times for the same niggle which is clearly a local issue. If you can't get it to work properly and it was working before then return it, the replacement will be as good as new.

| Wed 14 Dec 2016 0:35:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

damian - 8 hours ago  » ...pink screen is normally to do with HDCP and handshaking, it's unlikely to be anything to do with the last software upgrade otherwise the forum would be flooded...

Agreed. I have 4 boxes, 1 x HDR1000S, 3 x HB1000S (2 of which were Humax refurbished). Rock solid in terms of hardware, never had any problems with TV interconnection to 2 x Samsung, 2 x Panasonic. No reboots that I know of, no HDD problems. After the first two years of the badly designed and coded UI, and the ineptitude of Freesat/Humax in fixing it, the boxes have been totally reliable. Minor niggles with the UI still but can get along happily with it.

| Wed 14 Dec 2016 9:13:30 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tpost

Thanks Damian and Pollensa for your replies and suggestions. Much appreciated.

I have tried your suggestions as above and am currently using 1080p resolution.

The Humax box actually turns off from standby and the red light goes out , then the pink screen eventually appears. The only way to proceed is to turn off at the mains and then reboot and all is then ok. Have tried to rectify without powering off as you suggest but still retains a pink screen.
    This may happen 2/3 times a week so its an intermittent problem

Other than this problem the box works as it should.

I have a 6 year old Panasonic plasma TV and use a Harmony remote to control both.

| Fri 16 Dec 2016 13:38:53 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try a different hdmi socket on the TV and/or a different HDMI cable. Try turning off CEC control on the TV (if it has cec).

| Fri 16 Dec 2016 13:57:38 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

nigeljbc

So you are replacing your Sky+ recorder with a Humax HDR1100s. Here are my tips for an easy setup

Don't link Humax remote to TV, use TV remote for to turn TV on/off and for volume control. Althought in the Humax instruction manual there are suggestions that you can control both the TV and Humax with one control, Humax technical department say you can't and they are right, believe me.

To link Humax remote to Humax box press 0 (zero) and ok for few seconds.

Turn volume on Humax to full (control volume with TV remote).

The TV (in my case a Panasonic TXP42G20B) is set to go to AV1 on TV setup so turn on TV first then the on/off (green) button on Humax remote.

There you have it! The Humax HDR1100s is a great piece of equipment.

| Fri 16 Dec 2016 14:02:48 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

nigeljbc - 13 minutes ago  » 
    So you are replacing your Sky+ recorder with a Humax HDR1100s. Here are my tips for an easy setup
    Don't link Humax remote to TV, use TV remote for to turn TV on/off and for volume control. Althought in the Humax instruction manual there are suggestions that you can control both the TV and Humax with one control, Humax technical department say you can't and they are right, believe me.
    The TV (in my case a Panasonic TXP42G20B) is set to go to AV1 on TV setup so turn on TV first then the on/off (green) button on Humax remote.

Depends on the remote you have, some have the capability to control additional kit, they have buttons for PVR TV DVD and Audio. These will control a 1100S. Why are you using a analogue input on the TV that will only give you SD picture quality ?

| Fri 16 Dec 2016 14:19:16 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tpost

nigeljbc - 1 hour ago  » 

Think you have entered your message on wrong posting. Perhaps re post .

| Fri 16 Dec 2016 15:36:19 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tpost

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    Try a different hdmi socket on the TV and/or a different HDMI cable. Try turning off CEC control on the TV (if it has cec).

Graham , have tried your suggestions. Turning of the CEC was the first thing I did as it did seem the obvious possible cause but thanks anyway! Could the power saving options interfere with waking up the box from standby?

| Fri 16 Dec 2016 15:46:34 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.