My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1100s not waking up from standby

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tpost

I have a 3 yr old 1100s connected to a Panasonic plasma TV by hdmi cable.
    Recently it has developed a problem which I have not been able to resolve.
    When in standby it will sometimes not wakeup when turning on the TV with my Harmony remote and a pink screen appears . Also when set to record the box will not wakeup from standby to set the recording. The only way to resolve the problem is to turn off at the mains and leave for several minutes before switching on again. This action always solves the immediate problem.
    This ONLY happens intermittently with no obvious pattern. However switching off at the mains is usually a daily occurrence.
    I have :
    replaced the hdmi cable
    changed the hdmi input
    checked all connections
    done several Factory resets
    re programmed the Harmony remote with Logitech support.

Is there a timing issue within the Humax box?
    Would appreciate your help.

| Thu 14 Jun 2018 13:33:42 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Does disabling Viera Link on the TV solve the problem. You may need to reboot the TV and HDR-1000S once before you see any difference.

| Thu 14 Jun 2018 13:57:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tpost

Thanks for quick reply Repassac.
    Viera Link disabled and an Hdmi CEC less cable adapter fitted.
    As the problem does not appear to have a pattern for example TV /Humax off after 10pm news and not turned on again until 10pm for news the following day and box would not wake up so had to turn off at mains. A record was set during this time which did not record.
    Would power settings have any detrimental affect?
    Is there a clock within the Humax box which could be faulty?
    Have contacted Humax support and they suggested a factory reset and offered no further help because its no longer under warranty!!

| Thu 14 Jun 2018 14:22:50 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would suggest only pulling the power on the Humax if it is in standby. This would normally result, when re-powered, in the Humax booting to set it's clock then returning to standby. On following this should reboot the unit.

The power settings should not have any affect. I have mine set to the default which results in 0.5w in standby.

If you have not dome a reset I would try it but it does tend to be supports first suggestion.

I suggest you check out a number of things - first Signal note when it says connected with n LNB's (this it expresses it differently but can't check at present).

Can you confirm that the unit records normally when not in standby and that you can pause a live programme.

Also have a look in system settings > storage for anything strange/unexpected.

| Thu 14 Jun 2018 16:23:47 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tpost

Thanks again
    Signal information shows 2 connections as it should and quality good on both.
    Yes unit records perfectly when not in standby and will some of the time when in standby.
    Yes can pause a live programme.
    Strange just turned on to check your comments and box did not boot and resulted in a pink screen and having to turn off at the mains again!!
    Don't know where to go from here except buy a new Satellite box and the only alternative is Humax again! Oh dear!

| Thu 14 Jun 2018 16:54:51 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I am curious re the pink screen - when it is on what happens if you remove the HDMI connection does it disappear?

When you try to turn it on what does the LED on the HDR-1100S change colour?

Can you also check that the TV source is set to the correct HDMI poet.

Do you have another TV HDMI port you can try to see if the same results?

What picture output do you have set on the Humax - I suggest if auto you change to 1080P (best) or 1080I.

Graham T any thoughts?

| Thu 14 Jun 2018 18:41:01 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tpost

Repassac Many thanks .

Will Try and answer your interesting questions tomorrow and let you know.

Appreciate your help

| Thu 14 Jun 2018 19:13:35 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 43 minutes ago  » 
    I am curious re the pink screen - when it is on what happens if you remove the HDMI connection does it disappear?
    When you try to turn it on what does the LED on the HDR-1100S change colour?
    Can you also check that the TV source is set to the correct HDMI poet.
    Do you have another TV HDMI port you can try to see if the same results?
    What picture output do you have set on the Humax - I suggest if auto you change to 1080P (best) or 1080I.
    Graham T any thoughts?

Has tpost tried booting the box with the unit power button and/or the original remote rather than using the harmony remote ?

Yes the box has a internal clock. Earlier units did have issues with the clock, these were sometimes fixed by cleaning the clock board.

Not seen any similar issues with the G2 boxes.

Try setting a watch (reminder) reservation more than 15 minutes away and put the unit in sby, leave the TV on and selected to the box. Does the box wake up to view the programme.

As an experiment leave the box on overnight (turn off auto power off). Does the box wake OK to make scheduled recordings ?

| Thu 14 Jun 2018 19:31:09 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tpost

Evening Guys
    Hope you don't think I have ignored your suggestions but I have been testing them out during the day.
    I have dumped the Harmony and am just using the original remotes as suggested. I will try this for a week and see if it solves the problems. So far wakeup and recording seems to be working fine even trying the "reminder" reservation as Graham suggested.
    Mustn't speak too soon but just perhaps the Harmony in some way was influencing the Humax process.
    Will keep you up to date and thanks to both.

| Fri 15 Jun 2018 18:00:48 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Tpost - 1 hour ago  » 
    Evening Guys
    Hope you don't think I have ignored your suggestions but I have been testing them out during the day.
    I have dumped the Harmony and am just using the original remotes as suggested. I will try this for a week and see if it solves the problems. So far wakeup and recording seems to be working fine even trying the "reminder" reservation as Graham suggested.
    Mustn't speak too soon but just perhaps the Harmony in some way was influencing the Humax process.
    Will keep you up to date and thanks to both.

Can I ask if you have changed the remote operating code on the original remote for the 1100S because you have more than 1 Humax Box ?

| Fri 15 Jun 2018 19:49:10 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.