My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1100S Remote STB switches intermittently

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnpchx

I have problems switching between TV and STB function on the HDR 1100S remote. The TV button switches immediately but the STB button only switches (lights up) after several presses. The original handset was fine until recently so replaced it with BRANDED new unit but it does the same thing. What could have changed and how can I fix it please.

| Fri 12 Jun 2020 9:52:59 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnpchx

I used another post about remote control issues to sort of fix the problem. The original handset now works after resyncing to mode 1. The new handset still only works intermittently, so I suspect it would need syncing to a different mode, making the original one fail again - still a solution is still a solution

| Wed 24 Jun 2020 20:50:46 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

johnpchx - 2 days ago  » 
    I used another post about remote control issues to sort of fix the problem. The original handset now works after resyncing to mode 1. The new handset still only works intermittently, so I suspect it would need syncing to a different mode, making the original one fail again - still a solution is still a solution

Is the new handset from Humax ? If not then it will be only mode 1. The second remote needs to be a genuine Humax one. This will allow either the full choice of 1-6.

| Sat 27 Jun 2020 18:27:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnpchx

OK to be clear, the original remote successfully synced to mode 1 and now works as expected. The second remote which I believe is a genuine branded-as-a-HUMAX device and carries the HUMAX logo but from another supplier, appears to sync to mode 1 but actually doesn't operate flawlessly when switching back from TV to STB (i.e. the original posted problem). Once it has, after several tries, it operates all the HUMAX specific controls. This is the behaviour the original handset exhibited before I resynced it. I'm wondering if I synced the new handset to a different mode it would work but then cause the original one to fail. I have a working handset which was the object of the exercise and I will keep the new one as a spare should the old one break; THEN I'll go back and try to make the replacement work as required thinking maybe only one handset at a time can be used with the receiver. Bottom line: my original problem is solved, thanks.

| Sun 28 Jun 2020 4:30:39 #4 |
  5. Trev

Trev

special member

I'm wondering if I synced the new handset to a different mode it would work but then cause the original one to fail.
    Exactly right.
    Just forget the one that doesn't work until the one that works stops working again (like wot you said).

If on the other hand you absolutely must have two working handsets, they must both be on the same mode.
    I would start by syncing one to Mode 1 and then syncing the other to Mode 1.

If you sync the other one to Mode 2, then the first one will not work because the box will now be expecting Mode 2 commands.

| Sun 28 Jun 2020 8:14:40 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnpchx

I agree with your thoughts. However, I did try and failed to sync both handsets to mode 1. One worked OK the other has this weird intermittently switching problem. However, however, I'm happy with one working set. Many thanks

| Sun 28 Jun 2020 18:25:56 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.