My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1100s sound problem

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

edmnottm

Hi,

During the last 2 days I have suddenly lost sound on all channels EXCEPT HD CHANNELS.

Would appreciate any help and/or advice.

| Sat 22 Jul 2017 20:17:24 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Turn up the box volume using the Humax remote to near max.

| Sun 23 Jul 2017 9:39:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

edmnottm

Thank you, grahamithompson. That worked but I now have to control the sound for all channels via my av receiver remote where, until the last few days the sound could be controlled via the Human or the av receiver remotes. What has caused this sudden change?

| Sun 23 Jul 2017 12:17:57 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

edmnottm - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you, grahamithompson. That worked but I now have to control the sound for all channels via my av receiver remote where, until the last few days the sound could be controlled via the Human or the av receiver remotes. What has caused this sudden change?

It's not a sudden change, it has always been that way. You must have accidentally turned down the volume. The issue is caused by the different audio used by HD channels that the box remote control cannot change the output level (Dolby Digital aka AC3). SD channels use mp2 (mpeg 1 layer 2) audio.

The trick is use a HD channel and adjust your AV receiver to a normal listening level. Now switch to a SD channel and use the box remote to adjust the level to about the same you got on HD. Thereafter use the AV receiver volume control.

You might like to consider a Logitech Harmony Remote control. With these you create a activity called say watch my HDR-xxxxS and add 3 devices to the activity. The Humax Box, Your AV receiver and your TV.

You then assign different functions within the activity, in this case volume is controlled by your AV receiver.

Once setup a single button turns on all three devices, selects the correct HDMI input on the AV receiver and the correct HDMI input on the TV. Changing to a different activity turns off any devices not needed and powers up any new device required and adjusts the input selections automatically.

Prices start from about £30.00

eg

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Harmony-350-Remote-Control/dp/B00KD5LBVY/ref=sr_1_4?s=instant-video&tag=blusas008-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1500809572&sr=8-4&keywords=harmony+remote

| Sun 23 Jul 2017 12:33:44 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

edmnottm

Thank you for your help and the explanation. It is much appreciated.

| Sun 23 Jul 2017 13:19:14 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

edmnottm - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thank you for your help and the explanation. It is much appreciated.

You are welcome, have you equalised sound levels for HD and SD channels ?

| Sun 23 Jul 2017 15:05:04 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

edmnottm

Have adjusted the sound via Human remote for HD channels and use the volume control on my Logitech Harmony remote (albeit ,an old model) for SD channels. Thanks again.

| Sun 23 Jul 2017 17:53:18 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.