My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1100S stuck in standby, schematic?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

phil-devon

I have been given an HDR-1100S to repair (I volunteer for a Repair Cafe) but I cannot find any technical info. The external power-supply appears to be good and the processor heatsink is warm (suggests it is running?), but the power lights (either red or blue) do not illuminate. I find good supplies of 12v, 5v, and 3.3v on the board, but there are also some switchers that seem not to be running so I guess it is permanently in standby. I am pretty well equipped for testing and surface-mount repairs (probably not the large BGA processor however!). Any chance of a schematic?, or any other suggestions welcome.

Phil

| Sun 17 Mar 2024 22:25:55 #1 |
  2. Fixdit

Fixdit

The first thing to try is removing the Hard Drive, and then powering up. If it does power up a new Hard Drive is on the cards. No available schematic as far as I know.
    But loads of info on this site.

| Sun 17 Mar 2024 23:16:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

phil-devon

Thanks Fixdit. I was already testing without the hard drive, and that was not waking up. As you say, lots of info on this site and it seems similar problems are not uncommon, and the only fix I'm reading here is to re-flow the processor FBGA. Seems a little wild but not a lot to lose...

| Tue 19 Mar 2024 0:02:41 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.