My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1100S suddenly died

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MX5

My freesat HDR 1100S box has died and I wonder if you anyone can help. I was watching a programme when it suddenly went off. The blue light in the box was still on but there was no response from either the remote or the pushbuttons. After removing and replacing the power cable the device remained totally unresponsive and there was no blue or red light showing. The power supply unit green light is on. Is the fault is likely to be terminal or might a fix be possible? Thank you.

| Fri 1 May 2020 23:32:48 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MX5 - 10 hours ago  » 
    My freesat HDR 1100S box has died and I wonder if you anyone can help. I was watching a programme when it suddenly went off. The blue light in the box was still on but there was no response from either the remote or the pushbuttons. After removing and replacing the power cable the device remained totally unresponsive and there was no blue or red light showing. The power supply unit green light is on. Is the fault is likely to be terminal or might a fix be possible? Thank you.

If you open the box and disconnect the hard drive power and data cables. Does the box boot up as a non recording box that allows you to watch live TV.

| Sat 2 May 2020 10:19:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MX5

Thanks Graham. The hard drive does not have cables as such so I removed it completely, however the box did not boot up. Having left the power supply connected overnight I did notice that the heat sink was hot so power is getting so far into the box.

| Sat 2 May 2020 12:02:48 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MX5 - 33 mins ago  » 
    Thanks Graham. The hard drive does not have cables as such so I removed it completely, however the box did not boot up. Having left the power supply connected overnight I did notice that the heat sink was hot so power is getting so far into the box.

Shame the last time my HDR-1000S died it was the hard disk after proving the box booted without it.

There is a UK company that offers a fixed price repair. Last time I looked the service was suspended due to the current lockdown situation.

Looks like they may be back in business

https://www.digirepairs.co.uk/product/repair-booking-humax-freesat-plus-freeview-plus-youview-plus-box-repairs-2/

| Sat 2 May 2020 12:43:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MX5

ok, many thanks for your time Graham.

| Sat 2 May 2020 14:21:59 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.