My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1100S switching itself off or freezing

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lunchtimer

Starting a week or so ago, this unit that I purchased end-June 2016 has starting randomly either turning itself off (into Standby) or just freezing (requiring the power cord to be removed before being able to restart).
    The vendor suggested calling Humax. Humax customer support said it was an issue with FreeSat changing their servers - not (

"definitely not"
    ) a fault with the Humax box (
    "that's what everyone thinks!"
    ) and that there would be a correction sent out via the satellite signal to correct it shortly.
    Anyone out there have any similar experiences or further insight please?
    Many thanks.

| Fri 14 Oct 2016 13:36:05 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

There were a few days where a problem connected with freesat server reconfiguration cause random reboots. No problems during the last few days.

By default units will power down into standby after 3 hours of no remote activity.

Freezing is not normal, is your signal quality OK on your usualy channels and the EPG fully populated?

If your units problem continue, place in standby and then disconnect power for at least 5 mins after the power supply LED goes out.

If that does not solve the problem make a note of your schedule (a Photo is quick) and reset to default. You recordings will be saved.

| Fri 14 Oct 2016 14:11:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lunchtimer

Many thanks REPASAC!
    Yes, the 3 hr standby is alive and well.
    The signal quality levels are good it reports & EPG fully populated.
    I must admit I hadn't left it unplugged for that long - but will if it happens again.
    Fingers crossed then that all is now well
    Undoubtedly it will be getting some use over the weekend!!

| Fri 14 Oct 2016 14:31:57 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.