My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1100S time lag when changing TV channels

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dchoward

I have just purchased a refurbished Humax Freesat HDR-1100s recorder. While it appears to be working OK, there is an unacceptable time lag when changing TV channels with the remote. It is at least 5 seconds during which the TV screen goes blank. Is this normal for this model? If not, what can I do to fix it?

I still have a working Humax Foxsat HDR and there is no time lag at all when changing TV channels. The Foxsat HDR was being used with my current TV which is a Panasonic 60 inch plasma so any cabling used with that is now connected to the Humax HDR-1100s.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

| Fri 25 Feb 2022 15:30:26 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi dchoward,

Welcome to the forum. I also have both models & yes the 1100s is slightly sluggish at times depending on what is going on, but shouldn't be that slow. You could try checking the batteries in remote control. If you have a battery tester this will confirm battery state.

The other things to do are a remote reset : https://www.freesat.co.uk/help/how-do-i-reset-my-freesat-remote-control, pvr soft reset (press on button for approx 10 seconds) or a factory reset. Have a go at trying any of these suggestions & let forum know how you get on/if you need more help. John L

| Fri 25 Feb 2022 18:56:03 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would suggest make sure you do not have the 1100s output resolution set to Auto. This will cause the resolution to be set each time you change a channel causing your TV to resync. Set a fixed output resolution.

| Sat 26 Feb 2022 6:25:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dchoward

jdlfreetime - 17 hours ago  » 
    Hi dchoward,
    Welcome to the forum. I also have both models & yes the 1100s is slightly sluggish at times depending on what is going on, but shouldn't be that slow. You could try checking the batteries in remote control. If you have a battery tester this will confirm battery state.
    The other things to do are a remote reset : https://www.freesat.co.uk/help/how-do-i-reset-my-freesat-remote-control, pvr soft reset (press on button for approx 10 seconds) or a factory reset. Have a go at trying any of these suggestions & let forum know how you get on/if you need more help. John L

Thanks for your response. I tried all of those things but it didn't make any difference.

| Sat 26 Feb 2022 12:11:18 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dchoward

REPASSAC - 5 hours ago  » 
    I would suggest make sure you do not have the 1100s output resolution set to Auto. This will cause the resolution to be set each time you change a channel causing your TV to resync. Set a fixed output resolution.

Thanks for your response. I've just tried it and it wasn't set to Auto. It was set to 1080i. I have changed it to 1080p and it has made no difference at all. The problem is still there. I just can't understand it. It takes more than 5 seconds for the picture to appear (the sound appears earlier) when I change channels using the up and down arrows on the remote.

| Sat 26 Feb 2022 12:12:05 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It only makes a difference if set to Auto.
    Mine changes rapidly. I would examine your TV settings as I am guessing that it is reacting to the channel change. You can try disabling HDMI-CEC on your TV (Your TV might use a brand pet name for this) to see if this makes any difference.

| Sat 26 Feb 2022 17:11:02 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

dchoward

REPASSAC - 23 mins ago  » 
    It only makes a difference if set to Auto.
    Mine changes rapidly. I would examine your TV settings as I am guessing that it is reacting to the channel change. You can try disabling HDMI-CEC on your TV (Your TV might use a brand pet name for this) to see if this makes any difference.

No, unfortunately it hasn't.

| Sat 26 Feb 2022 17:35:36 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

landyoneten

Hello All.

I am new to this site so thought that I would introduce myself.

As a qualified Electronics Engineer and Humax enthusiast, I have worked with Humax boxes for many years and have gained a good knowledge and experience with them.

I have joined this forum to help others with identifying and resolving issues and I have recently began my own small business doing electronics repairs of all varieties.

The bulk of my work has been with Humax boxes particularly the HDR-1100S no power/recording/signal issues as well as many others.

Please do get in touch if I can help in any way, whether its just for a chat or to arrange a repair.

Thanks,
    Matt

| Wed 20 Dec 2023 22:42:06 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.