My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 1800T

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bw78007

Thanks for your responses, I contacted Humax about my 1800T and I was given instructions how to do a factory reset and up to now the 1800T is finding the hard drive 100% of the time, I have bought a 2000T from eBay very cheaply so if I have any more problem's I will use that, I must add when I tried to changed the hard drive in the 1800T the PCB Board is stamped 2000T. I have now sourced a 2.5 500GB sata hard drive no jumpers, but if the 1800T plays up I will see if it will see or format it, I must also add the 1800T is used every night and up to now been very good,

| Thu 4 Apr 2019 7:18:30 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Minstrel SE - 4 hours ago  » 
    Ok yes I accept what you are saying but Im getting frustrated with you talking about hard drive swaps.

I get frustrated by your repeated attempts to portray the HDR-2000T as a very poor product; it isn't perfect but it does a reasonable job for most people. We have had an HDR-2000T for five years which is mainly used by my partner and she is very happy with it. The only issue we have had was a faulty remote control (the early ones were problematic) which was replaced free of charge by Humax without any fuss. In the case of the hard drive swap I described this was because my partner wanted a larger hard drive not because there was any problem with the operation of the hard drive.

If somebody is having difficulty in changing a hard drive I will try and help; I really don't understand why that frustrates you. Perhaps you could put more effort into trying to help people and less about criticising the HDR-2000T.

| Thu 4 Apr 2019 11:08:28 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bw78007

Anyway I have just stuck my recent acquired 2.5 500Gb sata drive in a laptop it would not fit in my computer, I formatted it FAT32 when the laptop started up, stuck it in the 1800T when the 1800T started it said hard drive needs formatting off it went, I now have nearly 500Gb, my next step is to try and transfer all my unwatched programs from the original 320Gb to the 500Gb but I will leave that for another day. again thanks for helping and if any one else is having problems with their 1800T or 200T,s not seeing their hard drive try the factory reset seems to have worked for me.

| Thu 4 Apr 2019 12:37:38 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Martin Liddle - 4 hours ago  » 

Ok yes I accept what you are saying but Im getting frustrated with you talking about hard drive swaps.

I get frustrated by your repeated attempts to portray the HDR-2000T as a very poor product; it isn't perfect but it does a reasonable job for most people. We have had an HDR-2000T for five years which is mainly used by my partner and she is very happy with it. The only issue we have had was a faulty remote control (the early ones were problematic) which was replaced free of charge by Humax without any fuss. In the case of the hard drive swap I described this was because my partner wanted a larger hard drive not because there was any problem with the operation of the hard drive.
    If somebody is having difficulty in changing a hard drive I will try and help; I really don't understand why that frustrates you. Perhaps you could put more effort into trying to help people and less about criticising the HDR-2000T.

Ah lets see what I and many others got out of the box then. A unit that wouldnt output sound every time until a firmware update about a year later.

A unit that doesnt recognise media functions and takes at least one reboot(maybe more) to do so. That fault is intermittent actually making it more of a niggle.

A unit that reboots when coming out of certain internet functions or just randomly on occasion when it cant cope.

A unit that is more noisy than it should be having been stripped right down since the Mk1 version and now without all the shielding and dampers on the hard drive. The fan is a red herring...they should have kept the fan because all the extra damping and shielding came with it. a little bit of fan noise is nothing compared with how the faulty later units amplify head noise

I am helping people by informing them they have bought a substandard product. It is a poor product overall because its flawed. The good picture and recordings wouldnt really save any product that doesnt switch on properly.

What they do with that information is up to them. Yours might work but enough of them dont so people can balance what we say.

I am having too much of a go....not really when you consider its the most flawed product I think I have ever bought

| Thu 4 Apr 2019 16:02:41 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Martin Liddle - 4 hours ago  » 

Ah lets see what I and many others got out of the box then. A unit that wouldnt output sound every time until a firmware update about a year later.

A unit that doesnt recognise media functions and takes at least one reboot(maybe more) to do so. That fault is intermittent making it more of a niggle. Will it be two reboots today...no Im lucky its only one reboot which takes a significant tme

A unit that reboots when coming out of internet functions or just randomly when it cant cope with menu commands changing channels quickly.

A unit that freezes in menu sections as you go into the set up menu back and exit buttons not registering from basic commands etc

A unit that is more noisy than it should be having been stripped right down since the Mk1 version without all the shielding and dampers on the hard drive. The fan is a red herring...they should have kept the fan because all the extra damping and shielding came with it. a little bit of fan noise is nothing compared with how the later units amplify head noise

I am helping people by informing them they have bought a substandard product. It is a poor product overall because its flawed. The good picture and recordings wont really save any product that doesnt switch on reliably.

What they do with that information is up to them bearing in mind they have already reported a fault. Yours might work but enough of them dont so people can balance what we say.

I am having too much of a go....not really when you consider its the most flawed product I own. Why I put up with it is another issue but Im now looking to get something reliable.

| Thu 4 Apr 2019 16:04:39 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Minstrel SE - 12 minutes ago  » 

Our experience is that it would very occasionally fail to output sound. Individual experience will depend on the make and model of TV and whether or not CEC is disabled.

A unit that doesnt recognise media functions and takes at least one reboot(maybe more) to do so. That fault is intermittent actually making it more of a niggle.

In our experience that only occurs after power off (rather than standby) and can be worked around).

A unit that reboots when coming out of certain internet functions or just randomly on occasion when it cant cope.

All the PVRs I have owned do that occasionally and I don't believe the HDR-2000T to be any worse in that respect.

A unit that is more noisy than it should be having been stripped right down since the Mk1 version and now without all the shielding and dampers on the hard drive. The fan is a red herring...they should have kept the fan because all the extra damping and shielding came with it. a little bit of fan noise is nothing compared with how the faulty later units amplify head noise

Our experience is with an early HDR-2000T and that doesn't have a noise issue as far as we are concerned. If you read all the sections of the Forum you will find all Humax units sometimes attract complaints from individuals about the level of noise. I suspect that is when a unit that is a bit noisier than average is purchased by someone with better hearing than average. Simple answer is if you are not happy take it back and buy something else which you didn't do.

I am helping people by informing them they have bought a substandard product. It is a poor product overall because its flawed. The good picture and recordings wouldnt really save any product that doesnt switch on properly.

You would be helping people if you pointed them at a better product. There isn't a lot of choice in the PVR market these days as far as I am aware and they all have downsides.

I am having too much of a go....not really when you consider its the most flawed product I own

I think you very definitely are; it gets very boring to read the same story again and again.

| Thu 4 Apr 2019 16:27:13 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

crashcris

@Matrin Liddle... I totally agree with your last post. 100%. He's been complaining about his 2000t for the last 2 years straight. You'd think he'd have bought something that worked better for him by now, rather than constantly trash talking the box. I've got 3 of them, all refurbished and costing approx £80 each. I think they work brilliantly.

| Thu 4 Apr 2019 17:39:17 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Music4fun

It was an easy swap out the 3.5” drive on my recently purchased 2000t with the 2.5” 1t drive formally living in my 1800t. All programs remain intact and the 2000t working perfectly. However the operation to install a 750g 2.5” Toshiba drive in the 1800t have driven me to distraction! I have formatted in every available way but I think I will have to admit defeat to keep my sanity. I wonder if the Humax simply doesn’t “like” Toshiba.

| Thu 12 Oct 2023 15:03:13 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.