My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 1800T, disabled soundbar

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

yam535

This question observation may be two fold. I have a sony Bravia 32cx52, I have a Sharp Soundbar connected via the HDMI ARC channel, the soundbar has always worked with old humax and recently a Hitachi 501. I have now set up an 1800 and my HDMI enable, no longer detects the Audio System, even though it is there, no sound unless I switch to tv speakers. The soundbar woofer will not turn off when I standby the TV. It always used to powerdown, when you turn off the TV.
    The same day we attached the humax, Sony did a software update and I can't help but think it may be connected.
    Anyway, the question is would I be better in buying a sony soundbar connected to the optical output (the sharp does not have optical input)? This would avoid the HDMI ARC problem.
    I would be interested to know if anyone else has come across this problem.
    Thanks

| Fri 7 Nov 2014 10:07:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

I have a Sony Brava TV and Samsung 5.1 amp and speakers, connected via HDMI ARC. This worked perfectly with my old 9300T, but as soon as I swapped to the 2000T the ARC stopped functioning and the Samsung stopped switching on and off with the TV - just as you describe. Connecting the TV and Samsung via optical cable solved the sound problem (mostly), and upgrading the Samsung firmware solved the switching problem - mostly. However, there are still odd times when in order to get sound from the Humax to the Samsung I have to switch everything to standby and then switch on again.

I think it's likely that an optical connection will help. Best if you can blag one on sale or return, though!

| Fri 7 Nov 2014 11:17:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

yam535

Hi Colirv, thanks for replying, I am glad its just not me.
    I have been reading HDMI issues on google and I believe the Humax is "knocking out" the handshake, just as you described. I had always been able to get the audio system to come on by pressing sync, but now it just can't handshake it. I have ordered a better HDMI cable to connect the soundbar, but with the Sony HTCT60BT.CEK Soundbar with Subwoofer retailing at £95 on Argos at the moment, I think it would have better compatibility. If ARC was that good, why didn't Sony Soundbar have Arc in??
    The intermittant Sharp soundbar would not allow connection between headphone out using the audio cable without a horrid buzzing sound. Also the Sony Blu-ray player keeps disappearing from the hdmi enabled list. I like the idea of having a soundbar remote control. I will think about it over the weekend. Just as an aside I replaced the Hitachi 501 with this model as there is no padding on the hitachi, we had to record the programme and the one after to ensure we had the endings to everything.

| Fri 7 Nov 2014 11:37:34 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

yam535

This is sorted. Everything is now working, for some reason we had stopped turning the TV off at the TV, but were just putting the TV into Standby, which prevented the soundbar turning off.

No need to purchase a new soundbar.

| Fri 14 Nov 2014 9:42:41 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

Good. Ultimately, though, turning your TV to standby ought to be enough.

| Fri 14 Nov 2014 10:44:59 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

yam535

Further to this, the HDMI ARC failed again. HDMI disconnected and successful connection to the audio out this time no buzz (may have been old Humax PVR). Setting on audio out is PCM and its fine. Saved myself £95.

| Thu 20 Nov 2014 10:36:23 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Keith Wadsworth

Yes, I'm experiencing the same problem with the 1800T interfering with the ARC handshake. Disconnecting the 1800T reinstates the handshake as does switching it on and then off again.
    Please Humax, consider addressing this problem with a firmware update ? !

Samsung UE46F6400 3D TV receiver
    Yamaha YSP 2200 soundbar
    Sony BDP S790 3D Blu Ray player
    Humax 1800T

| Sun 14 Dec 2014 8:38:13 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

por supuesto

I had similar problems using an HDR-2000T with LG TV and soundbar. When the Humax is on or waiting for a recording to start it seems to "grab" the hdmi CEC line so that when the TV is then switched on it cannot communicate with the soundbar via ARC.
    I solved this with a Poundland Signalex Hdmi Cable - the CEC pin is not connected - between the Humax and the TV. This works perfectly, the only problem is the cable is short (1m).
    If you search for "cec-less hdmi cable" you will find other adapters/cables.

| Fri 19 Dec 2014 16:45:17 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

I had the same problem, solved it by using a digital audio lead instead of relying on ARC.

| Fri 19 Dec 2014 18:19:19 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Keith Wadsworth

Pin 13 is responsible for the ARC - I used this male to female connector (with pin 13 not connected) between the Humax and my Yamaha soundbar obtained from Amazon :

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DL48KVI?psc=1&tag=blusas008-21&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

| Tue 23 Dec 2014 15:20:17 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.