My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 2000t booting problem

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Glad you were able to get it to work.
    Mine sometimes when you take it out of standby takes a while to access the library but that's all.
    Mine is about 5 years old and is in constant use and still a great little box.

| Sat 10 Aug 2019 11:40:04 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

bill63 - 11 hours ago  » 
    Mine sometimes when you take it out of standby takes a while to access the library but that's all.

Having owned one myself I don't think you could ever describe the HDR 2000T as a 'great little box'. It is without doubt one of Humaxs' worst ever products, mainly due to it being built to a penny pinching price point.

| Sat 10 Aug 2019 23:41:08 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

FAUST
    There is nothing wrong with 2000T, its you just did not like model end of.

I not a lover on the 4000T apart from you can record 4 programmes at a time and the Freeview Play bit although a lot of TVs have it now.

The guide on the 4000T is basic and clunky, the recordings you cant put in to your own folders like can with 2000T.
    And unlike the 2000T if record using padding / timer record the information on the recordings is always wrong and you cant change it.

With the 2000T the information is being updated all the time during the recording.
    Example You want to record a film say GHOST BUSTERS so to make sure you have got it all, you add extra time ether way.
    When its finished it may say news and weather if it was the programme before it not the film, so all you need to do is wind it forward to the start of the film press information and the right info and film is displayed until you press stop then it will revert back.
    But this don't happen with the 4000T your stuck with wrong information all the way through.
    But with 2000T you can even change the recording name if want to keep the recording that is.

But I fear the days of the PVR is numbered as more TV have USB recording capability now, like my new Sony and it works quite well, good picture and sound.

| Sun 11 Aug 2019 11:40:32 #13 |
  4. Trev

Trev

special member

I have a couple of TVs (Samsung and LG) with USB recording, and the facilities thereon are absolutely dire when compared with a 'proper' PVR.

| Sun 11 Aug 2019 16:42:13 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

bill63 - 2 weeks ago  » 
    FAUST
    There is nothing wrong with 2000T, its you just did not like model end of.
    I not a lover on the 4000T apart from you can record 4 programmes at a time and the Freeview Play bit although a lot of TVs have it now.
    The guide on the 4000T is basic and clunky, the recordings you cant put in to your own folders like can with 2000T.
    And unlike the 2000T if record using padding / timer record the information on the recordings is always wrong and you cant change it.
    With the 2000T the information is being updated all the time during the recording.
    Example You want to record a film say GHOST BUSTERS so to make sure you have got it all, you add extra time ether way.
    When its finished it may say news and weather if it was the programme before it not the film, so all you need to do is wind it forward to the start of the film press information and the right info and film is displayed until you press stop then it will revert back.
    But this don't happen with the 4000T your stuck with wrong information all the way through.
    But with 2000T you can even change the recording name if want to keep the recording that is.
    But I fear the days of the PVR is numbered as more TV have USB recording capability now, like my new Sony and it works quite well, good picture and sound.

I don't like the HDR2000T because the bean counters at Humax penny pinched the spec from the drawing board to production - end of. I have no interest in padding, never have and never will have, I'm quite happy to rely on AR.

I have the HDR1000S and this has padding, but for me it's a far better machine than my 2000T. For my money I much prefer the YouView PVR. I own one of these and whilst it may have no padding or DLNA capabilities it is a much better machine to use than the 2000T.

| Fri 30 Aug 2019 15:51:05 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi FAUST

Well PENNY PINCHING I think all companies do that, that is way they make money out of us.
    We have a BT Youview box and yes its a good box no problems with it except maybe a few half recorded programmes somtimes but this maybe the guide, but otherwise no problem.

I think no matter what make or model manufactures bring out its not going to suit everyone.

| Sun 1 Sep 2019 12:00:39 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

crashcris

rushy7 - 1 mnth ago  » 
    tried all that still the same ,ive just discovered though if i leave the humax about 10 minutes after it goes to stand by it works fine ,its like if i turn it on and off too many times close together it goes to standby!!

Faust - 1 mnth ago  » 

bill63 - 11 hours ago  » 

Having owned one myself I don't think you could ever describe the HDR 2000T as a 'great little box'. It is without doubt one of Humaxs' worst ever products, mainly due to it being built to a penny pinching price point.

Faust. I think it's a brilliant little box, so much so I've just this weekend bought my 4th to replace my Icecrypt machine.

One thing I've noticed is that the box's interface slows down considerably when the timer "schedule" gets filled up, every couple of months there might be up to 100 programmes or series that have been and gone but the schedule needs clearing out, once done it's restored to quick, button pressing, responsiveness. I've never understood why storing a list of past recording timers utilises so much processing power but my experience convinces me that it does. So I would suggest to the OP that a clear out might help seeing as you said "if i turn it on and off too many times close together it goes to standby!!" possibly indicating that the processor is being compromised somewhat.

| Mon 16 Sep 2019 14:54:55 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.