My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000t COM7 MUX problem

(297 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

I purchased the HDR-2000t (1TB version)in February 2015.
    OTA software was successfully updated on 26 March 2015 to UKTFAC 1.01.13.
    I typically leave the unit in standby mode to record programmes during the day.
    On Tuesday evening (14 April) I noted that all the channels on the COM7 MUX (6 HD Freeview channels ranging from BBC4HD to 4sevenHD) were not being displayed on my TV (I get a message saying no signal strength or channel not broadcasting).
    I first checked my TV and all channels are being received ok, noting that the TV and HUMAX share the same aerial (aerial is routed to HUMAX and out to TV via the RF loop).
    I tried Automatic Scan on the HUMAX on 4 occasions over a 2 hour period eventually recovering the "missing" channels at the final attempt.
    Last night (15 April) I experienced same and was not able to recover the channels despite several Auto Scan attempts and a Manual Scan on Channel 32 (I'm in the Reading area and my transmiter would appear to broadcast the COM7 MUX on this frequency).

When I use the HUMAX "settings" options to check the signal level on Channel 32 it appears "dead" with the scale bar indicator displaying no signal strength or quality of signal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

| Thu 16 Apr 2015 18:34:31 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Did you select the DVB-T2 option when manually scanning channel 32 ?

| Thu 16 Apr 2015 18:39:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Scott McC - 3 hours ago  » 
    Last night (15 April) I experienced same and was not able to recover the channels despite several Auto Scan attempts and a Manual Scan on Channel 32 (I'm in the Reading area and my transmiter would appear to broadcast the COM7 MUX on this frequency).
    When I use the HUMAX "settings" options to check the signal level on Channel 32 it appears "dead" with the scale bar indicator displaying no signal strength or quality of signal.

Are you aware that COM7 is transmitted at lower power than the major multiplexes? If you can specify your post code then we can make a more informed judgement.

| Thu 16 Apr 2015 22:19:56 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

grahamlthompson - 13 hours ago  » 
    Did you select the DVB-T2 option when manually scanning channel 32 ?

Hi Graham

I noted that it was already set to DVB-T2 when scanning.

| Fri 17 Apr 2015 8:19:50 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

Martin Liddle - 10 hours ago  » 

Scott McC - 3 hours ago  » 

Are you aware that COM7 is transmitted at lower power than the major multiplexes? If you can specify your post code then we can make a more informed judgement.

Hi Martin

My postcode is RG30 2DL. As stated this problem only occurred 3 days ago and prior to this rececption on the HUMAX was very good across all the COM7 broadcasts. I'm puzzled as reception on my new TV (Samsung UE55H6400) continues to be unaffected and it's being fed via the HUMAX? FYI I tried another Automatic Scan on the HUMAX last night (pulling in the new "Spike" channel) but again missing all the COM7 broadcasts.

| Fri 17 Apr 2015 8:27:22 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Scott McC - 49 minutes ago  » 
    My postcode is RG30 2DL. As stated this problem only occurred 3 days ago and prior to this rececption on the HUMAX was very good across all the COM7 broadcasts. I'm puzzled as reception on my new TV (Samsung UE55H6400) continues to be unaffected and it's being fed via the HUMAX?

Assuming your aerial is pointing at the Hannington transmitter then you certainly ought to be able to get good reception on COM7 channels. Tell us what the signal strength and quality (as reported by the Humax) is when tuned to BBC1? May be somebody else has an idea about what is going on?

| Fri 17 Apr 2015 9:20:42 #6 |
  7. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

@Scott McC. Have you just installed a blu-ray player? Your reception could be affected by HDMI interference: 1080p is the worst for this. Is the output from the HDR-2000T set to 1080p? If so, what happens if you switch to 1080i? If it is HDMI interference you should be able to improve matters by replacing your RF flyleads with double-screened cables, made using a good quality cable such as Webro WF100.

| Fri 17 Apr 2015 16:06:24 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

Martin Liddle - 14 hours ago <Assuming your aerial is pointing at the Hannington transmitter then you certainly ought to be able to get good reception on COM7 channels. Tell us what the signal strength and quality (as reported by the Humax) is when tuned to BBC1? May be somebody else has an idea about what is going on

Martin

For BBC1 HD (Channel 39) the Humax reports a signal strength of 100% and quality of 100%. For BBC1 SD (Channel 45) signal strength is 87% and quality is 100%.

This evening I manually tuned all Channels, turning Network Search to "On" and selecting DVB-T1 for SD (Channels 47, 45, 44, 42, and 41) and DVB-T2 for HD (Channels 39 and 32). It all goes well until I try Channel 32 where the Humax indicates 0% signal strength and 0% quality. Essentially there is no signal to lock on to and consequently it reports "no channels found". In keeping with this when I try Settings-System-Signal Detection the Humax only shows channels 47, 45, 44, 42, 41 and 39 i.e. the all important 32 is not a listed option. As I've said this is puzzling as the TV has no such problems and all was well with the Humax until last Tuesday evening when this problem seemed to appear out of the blue.

Thanks for all your help.

| Fri 17 Apr 2015 23:55:30 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

MontysEvilTwin - 8 hours ago  » 
    @Scott McC. Have you just installed a blu-ray player? Your reception could be affected by HDMI interference: 1080p is the worst for this. Is the output from the HDR-2000T set to 1080p? If so, what happens if you switch to 1080i? If it is HDMI interference you should be able to improve matters by replacing your RF flyleads with double-screened cables, made using a good quality cable such as Webro WF100.

Hi
    The output of the Humax has been set to 1080p. I've just tried switching to 1080i but this has not brought in Channel 32. I installed a Blu-ray player a month ago but did not suffer any problems until a few days ago. I also note that the Blu-ray has not even been switched on this week. My HDMI leads from Humax to TV and Blu-ray to TV are good quality (Audioquest "pearl") however the RF leads are nothing fancy (although as I've pointed out I've not changed anything in my set-up for a month or so). This is all very peculiar.

Regards

Scott

| Sat 18 Apr 2015 0:42:23 #9 |
  10. SumpRat

SumpRat

Hi.

I am glad I have found this post as I have exactly the same problem.
    Channel 32 from Hannington no longer has any signal. I thought it might be something I had done but now I believe it is something out of my control. I live in RG1 3Ln.

I have a Humax HDR-2000T with UKTFAC 1.01.13 and recently plugged it into a new (to me) Hitachi HD TV via HDMI and tuned the TV in via the RF pass through from the Humax.

Thanks
    Simon

| Sat 18 Apr 2015 21:16:21 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.