My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000t COM7 MUX problem

(297 posts)
  1. Trev

Trev

special member

That's my idea stuffed them. Worth a try, but failed miserably.

| Fri 25 Oct 2019 23:27:33 #291 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

Not at all Trev. It was worth a try and thanks for your input. Today typifies what I'm dealing with; no channels on the PSB3 mux between 09:30 and 15:00 but full service now restored post 17:00. Glad they are back this evening as I want to record the new Attenborough series on BBC1 HD.

| Sun 27 Oct 2019 18:39:39 #292 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

Quick postscript to my earlier message. I spoke to soon! All channels on PSB3 were being picked up by Humax at ~17:00 today and continued to be received until 18:10 when the signal strength suddenly dropped to zero just a few minutes before I was about to make a recording. This is no use whatsoever and I'm not happy at all. As stated Samsung tv picks up these channels perfectly. Starting to think I need a different Freeview box. I wonder if anyone has any suggestions as I can't continue with this uncertainty.

| Sun 27 Oct 2019 19:31:49 #293 |
  4. Trev

Trev

special member

I have a problem that I put down to co-channel interference from the continent which wipes out random mux's, but mostly affects BBCB(HD). In the analogue days, this used to show up as ghosting of a foreign station over the UK one. It happens often when there is high pressure, but most frequently in Spring and early Autumn then is mostly OK for the rest of the year.
    To alleviate the problem, I have two aerials in different locations and switch between them. This usually works.
    The sig strength and quality (obviously) go to zero when this happens, but my flash tunable signal strength meter still shows the same carrier level as before the mpx 'goes missing'.
    Further info. I live about 3.5 miles west of the Hastings transmitter.

| Mon 28 Oct 2019 0:31:02 #294 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

Last night illustrates just what I'm currently dealing with. Managed to record 45min of new Attenborough series on BBC1 HD after which signal dropped to zero and channel was lost. How frustrating! I'm about 16miles from the Hannington transmitter. Think I'll give Humax a call and see if their technical staff have any suggestions.

| Mon 28 Oct 2019 17:32:49 #295 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

NeilD

Good luck, based on my experience of asking the technical staff to sort out why our Humax fails to record whilst we are away you will be wasting your time!

| Mon 28 Oct 2019 18:24:22 #296 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Scott McC - 1 hour ago  » 
    Think I'll give Humax a call and see if their technical staff have any suggestions.

I think you will be very lucky to talk to the actual technical staff (mot of whom are in South Korea). You can certainly talk to the Support team but the quality of the advice is very variable depending on who you speak to and I think this is a tricky issue.

| Mon 28 Oct 2019 19:19:05 #297 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.