My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000t COM7 MUX problem

(297 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

NeilD

I understand your frustration BUT as the Samsung TV has the channels from PSB3 mux they will also be available for your HDR 2000T to find.

I also have two Samsung TVs which both find the HD channels by searching the frequency band twice, I assume with with DVB t & DVB T2.

But, frustratingly, the Samsung TV does not let me find out which mux it has found the HD channels on. I used Google searches to find the mux channel/frequency and found many pages were out of date for the Dover transmitter. The one I found reliable for Dover (https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Hannington) has the HD channels on PS3B at channel 36 as per your screen grab so I think should be correct.

The procedure that worked for me is, on any TV channel, press Menu /Settings/ enter the Manual tune option, choosing channel 36 (right arrow to get the list of channel numbers, toggle to 36, press OK to get it), select Network toggle to DVB T2, press Ok then press Search. I found it could take about 10 seconds to tune to the channel so patience is required.

If that still does not work I suggest you use the same procedure and look at channels in the general range of the Hannington mux, if necessary working your way through them all!

Good luck

| Fri 18 Oct 2019 16:03:56 #281 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

Hi Neil. Thanks for coming back. I tried your manual tuning procedure earlier this morning and noticed a difference immediately. Specifically, on going to channel 39 (PSB3 MUX at Hannington), after a few seconds the "signal strength" and "quality" indicator bars sprang to life and after 3-4 attempts to "search" for stations, it finally locked on and I now have all the stations in the PSB3 MUX back in my EPG and currently I'm able to view them again.

Using same procedure yesterday, the "signal strength" and "quality" indicator bars showed no signal at all.

I wonder if its weather related? Today it was a bright sunny morning here in Reading, in contrast to yesterday which was wall-to-wall cloud and very heavy rain showers.

Thanks again

| Fri 18 Oct 2019 19:22:43 #282 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

NeilD

Glad to hear you have finally got all the channels.

I wait to see if my HDR 2000T will continue to fail to record when we are away now that it only has the Dover transmitter mux rather than the mix of Bluebell Hill and Dover mux it previously insisted on registering.

| Sat 19 Oct 2019 10:18:55 #283 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

Hi Neil. Hope everything works out for you. PSB3 channels down again for me this evening. Can't seem to find a solution. Very variable and I suspect it's fluctuations in signal strength, that the Humax struggles with.

| Sat 19 Oct 2019 19:12:10 #284 |
  5. Trev

Trev

special member

One thing to note. Once you have PSB3 successfully tuned, DO NOT retune if you loose it. It is very unlikely to 'come back' and will be deleted from your tuning database and you will just have to retune yet again when conditions (or whatever) improves. If you don't retune, they will just come back.

| Sat 19 Oct 2019 23:35:29 #285 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

Thanks Trev. This happened to me last week but fortunately I got them back when the signal strength improved. The irony is not lost that the mux I am having problems with has my most go to channels. I have a 55” Samsung tv and standard def channels look horrendous hence my frustration at loosing these HD channels.

| Mon 21 Oct 2019 10:50:56 #286 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

NeilD

When the HD channel is not available on your Humax, check to see if it is available on the Samsung TV as this will identify if it is a transmitter/weak signal problem.

If not a transmitter or aerial problem then I am a bit stumped unless the TV is looking at a different mux to the Humax. But I am unable to find out which channel my two Samsung TVs have tuned to so that I could compare with the Humax to ensure consistency.

Very reminiscent of a problem with my Humax prior to the recent retuning. My aerial is an internal high gain broadband with amplifier and looks directly to the Dover mast which had mux's in the channel range 48 - 59.

But when I tuned the Humax it found BBCA at channel 33 as well as 50 and ITV at channel 34 only, the others being found correctly. The signal on channel 34 was of variable strength & quality depending on the weather, just as you describe.

It took some research to find out that the mux on channel 34 was broadcast by Bluebell Hill transmitter which is at 90 degree to my aerial direction, hence the varying signal. There were two solutions, the inconvenient one of tuning when the signal was poor or the more reliable manual tune of that mux only.

So I wonder whether you are suffering from a similar problem, is your aerial pointing at Hannington, not a broadband high gain aerial or giving a weak, varying signal due to lack of amplifier, poor connection etc.?

| Mon 21 Oct 2019 11:11:12 #287 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

Hi Neil. Samsung tv has no problems receiving all available channels and is still okay when channels disappear on the Humax. Furthermore Aerial lead from wall socket goes straight to Humax and then out to tv so all in all I’m a bit stumped as to what’s going on. I’m in a flat with a communal aerial so can’t comment on the specifics of type or orientation, however as Samsung tuner is able to receive, presumably this is a Humax deficiency.

| Tue 22 Oct 2019 9:57:05 #288 |
  9. Trev

Trev

special member

Get and report a % value for signal strength from your TV or your box. If it is 100% or close to it, it could be that your signal is too high. If the tuner is overloaded, it distorts the signal and then both signal strength and quality drop to zero giving you the impression that they have 'switched off at their end' when the true problem is that the signal is too big.

| Tue 22 Oct 2019 17:17:12 #289 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

Hi Trev. Thanks for your message. All mux channels on Humax show "Signal Strength" at ~70% and "Quality" at 100%. Channel 39 (PSB3 mux) also shows the same values when I can receive broadcasts but shows 0% "signal Strength" when I'm not able to receive.

| Fri 25 Oct 2019 22:04:22 #290 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.