My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000t COM7 MUX problem

(297 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

NeilD

The manual tuning information on the response page is not relevant, it is for HD and as my experience showed, the method does not work.

I agree that the 'bucket' contained channel 34 with ITV but surely the object of manual tuning is to over-ride the stored channel and replace it with the results of the search. If not, maybe you could explain what manual tuning is for as it escapes me?

| Tue 11 Dec 2018 11:17:02 #271 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

NeilD - 50 minutes ago  » 
    The manual tuning information on the response page is not relevant, it is for HD and as my experience showed, the method does not work.

If by "response page" you mean the manual tuning FAQ it certainly does work and I have used it myself many times. Did you actually follow the full instructions?

If not, maybe you could explain what manual tuning is for as it escapes me?

The idea is to first delete all the stored multiplexes and then tune to a consistent set of multiplexes from a single transmitter which will give the best signal quality and eliminate the accurate recording problems that occur when receiving from more than one transmitter.

| Tue 11 Dec 2018 12:12:31 #272 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

Hi All. Problem I reported in the first post which started this thread in April 2015 seems to have returned. Basically I've been getting intermittent reception of the COM7 MUX on my HUMAX HDR-2000t for the past month or so. Today is classic example in which I got all the HD channels during the morning but on going to record something in the evening found the COM7 channels have disappeared. TV picks them up fine. Annoying and very frustrating. Any remedies? I'm in the Reading area, RG1 postcode. Many thanks.

| Sun 13 Oct 2019 20:33:19 #273 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Scott McC - 50 mins ago  » 
    Hi All. Problem I reported in the first post which started this thread in April 2015 seems to have returned. Basically I've been getting intermittent reception of the COM7 MUX on my HUMAX HDR-2000t for the past month or so. Today is classic example in which I got all the HD channels during the morning but on going to record something in the evening found the COM7 channels have disappeared. TV picks them up fine. Annoying and very frustrating. Any remedies? I'm in the Reading area, RG1 postcode. Many thanks.

RG1 is not enough info to diagnose what the problem might be.

Enter your postcode here and your house number and tick the detailed view,

Post a screen grab of the preferred transmitter reception,

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/about_the_coverage_checker

You may have issues from the 800MHz clearance and the conversion of COM7 to a single frequency network and your location is in a area where the the two adjacent transmitters interfere or your existing aerial can no longer receive the frequency COM 7 and COM 8 now use. If so you may be able for free support to resolve the issue.

Without more detailed info all this is pure speculation.

| Sun 13 Oct 2019 21:36:01 #274 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

Hi Graham. Thanks for your reply. I have attached a screen grab of the information obtained at the link you provided. My postcode is RG1 6LU with the transmitter being Hannington. Bizarrely and quite by accident I have discovered that if I leave the Humax on any of the COM7 channels I'm not receiving, then after a period of typically 6-7 minutes, the Humax detects the frequency and all the COM7 channels appear. I've been able to do this for the last 4 evenings in a row although tonight, when I switched to another channel that was not in the COM7 group, I found that I had lost the COM7 channels again when I went back.

All very strange, and reminiscent of the problem I reported over 4 years ago. Having had stable reception of COM7 up until the last month or so I thought the problem had long disappeared but apparently it's back. Thanks again.

Attachments

1. Transmitter_details.PNG (72.3 KB, 6 downloads) 4 years old
    | Tue 15 Oct 2019 22:41:57 #275 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

What you describe sounds very similar to a problem I have with COM8. If I manually retune the multiplex my Humax 2000T often returns no channels. I have to keep trying to get the channels back. On average it can take three attempts. Once the multiplex is tuned in then changing from (for example) BBC1 (SD) to BBC News HD (on COM8) I often get a message informing me that the channel isn't available (can't remember the exact message - and I can't get the Humax to do it just now). After a few seconds (perhaps as much as 20s) the channel is displayed. It seems to me that the 2000T can't handle single frequency networks (SFN) very well. No problems with a TV set.
    Have any of the transmitters near Hannington switched the UHF frequency of COM7 to join the SFN on UHF 55? If so, grahamlthompson's explanation may be correct.

| Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:46:40 #276 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

Hi Phil. Thanks for the reply. When the Humax is not receiving the HD channels on COM7 the following message is displayed: "The receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak". As you suggest, I suspect something must have changed at Hannington recently, as this problem has only resurfaced in the last month or so. I would also add that I haven't had any issues at any stage with the HD channels on COM8. Only COM7 has the issue.

| Wed 16 Oct 2019 22:39:11 #277 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

I only mention COM8 because that is the problem I have. Here on the Waltham transmitter only COM8 has moved to SFN. The message you quote is the message I meant. Why you only have a problem with COM7 and not COM8 when both are on SFNs at Hannington, I don't know.

| Thu 17 Oct 2019 10:24:42 #278 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

NeilD

Having just retuned my HDR 2000T using autotuning I found the HD channels were no longer available plus a number of others on the same mux despite them all being present previously and present on my Samsung TV after autotuning it.

The solution was to do a manual tune installation, go to the channel number for the mux (in my case 36 using the Dover transmitter) which showed no signal but then to toggle down to network and change the setting from DVB T to DVB T2 - after a few seconds the box found all the missing channels.

There was a clue that this mux differed on the channel listing page as this mux was DTG 6 mode whilst the others were DTG 3 & 8.

I also noted that the Samsung autotuning went through the channel range twice in succession. I thought this odd at the time but now assume it was once with DVB T, once with DVB T2. The Humax box only went through the channel range once.

| Thu 17 Oct 2019 10:25:39 #279 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

Hi Neil. Thanks for your response. First of all profuse apologies. I have been extremely careless and on paying closer attention to the Hannington transmission frequencies have noted that my problems are not to do with COM 7 or 8 but instead the PSB3 MUX. I've attached a screen grab but essentially I have lost 8 broadcast stations including the HD versions of BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5.

I tried a manual re-tune on channel 39 (618.2MHz) but the signal strength was zero for DVB-T2 and also DVB-T. Like you my Samsung TV has no issues and all these channels are available. It would be great to get these channels back so I'm currently a little peeved that they have gone. Thanks again for your response.

Attachments

1. Hannington_PSB3_MUX.PNG (58.5 KB, 0 downloads) 4 years old
    | Thu 17 Oct 2019 23:32:11 #280 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.