My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000t COM7 MUX problem

(297 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Perky555

Same here. I wonder what they are playing at at Hannington...

| Thu 17 Mar 2016 22:25:46 #261 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Mine come back fully to. But what I have read Com7 and Com8 will be gone by 2020, and its starting the end of next year according to a516 digital. ofcom wants to hand over the 700 MHz band to mobile phones 4G as quick as possible.
    So that's properly why this issue as not been sorted out.

| Fri 18 Mar 2016 13:12:38 #262 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Perky555

Mux 7's gone again

| Wed 23 Mar 2016 19:15:52 #263 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Is this why I havent got BBC1 HD In Cheshire?

I have tried a manual scan on 32 and 39 bands with all settings selected. No channels found so nothing on 101.

I see there is a BBC 1 hd so I don't understand why the Humax 2000t can automatically scan it in.

I have BBC 4 HD and BBC News HD...where's the rest of it?

| Thu 8 Sep 2016 23:41:34 #264 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Minstrel SE - 8 hours ago  » 
    Is this why I havent got BBC1 HD In Cheshire?

Which transmitter do you receive from (there are several possibilities for Cheshire)?

| Fri 9 Sep 2016 8:37:58 #265 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Martin Liddle - 54 minutes ago  » 

Which transmitter do you receive from (there are several possibilities for Cheshire)?

I did the postcode check and its Winter Hill as I knew

Interesting info on Com 7 and Com 8 which are on 31 and 37

All the other bands are listed including BBC B HD which is on 54.

I will try a manual scan on those but I dont understand why the 2000t doesnt just find them itself.

On the 8000T I seem to remember a reset needed doing at one point but I dont really see a reset here other than restore factory settings.

| Fri 9 Sep 2016 9:44:44 #266 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Minstrel SE - 36 minutes ago  » 
    I dont really see a reset here other than restore factory settings.

You can reset the tuning database by starting off an auto-tune and then cancelling it.
    If you don't cancel immediately and it finds some channels then don't take up its offer of saving them!

Why do you want to reset?

| Fri 9 Sep 2016 10:25:37 #267 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

NeilD

I thought I would add to this line as my experience may be helpful.

I have a HDR2000T which was occasionally losing recordings on Signal not Received and sometimes showing Signal Low. I tolerated this, thinking there might be a loss of aerial signal as I am some distance from the Dover transmitter without direct line of sight, being just North of Rye and looking through a few trees for the signal. My HDR2000T had the 8 January 2018 software update.

Then my hard disc lost all recordings and had to be reformatted so I put my old PVR 9200T in line, after the HDR2000T and before the TV so that I was recording on both but generally used the HDR2000T to watch live television as it is SCART connected (to avoid the long standing problem of loss of sound on HDMI if the TV was on first) as well as HDMI so the HDR2000T captured the TV on switch on and we usually didn't change TV input.

I then saw again the loss of signal messages on ITV, C4, C5 etc. on the HDR200T but not on the PVR 9200T or when using the TV tuner both of which had perfect pictures. Puzzlement was the order of the day as the problem was clearly not the aerial signal.

After investigation I realised the HDR2000T was looking at the ITV etc multiplex on channel 34, not channel 51 as transmitted by the Dover transmitter and the ITV etc multiplex that both the PVR9200T and TV were looking at. Hence the poor signal strength & quality leading to drop outs.

Re-tuning made no difference, the HDR2000T always looked at the multiplex on channel 34 whilst looking at the other multiplexes on channels 48, 50, 53, 55 & 59 as it should for the Dover transmitter.

A bit of investigation showed that channel 34 is the ITV etc multiplex transmitted by the Bluebell Hill transmitter, equidistant with the Dover transmitter although at about 90 degrees to the aerial direction and weaker than Dover.

Manual retuning as per the manual would not change the channel from 34 to 51 that the HDR200T looked at despite seleceting it and saving (irrespective of doing/not doing a network search). Further investigation found a way to force the HDR200T to look at channel 51 as follows:

Select Channel List, Edit Channels. Delete ITV, C4 etc.and save change.

On any working channel select Menu, Installation, Manual Search, change channel (to 51 in my case), do a network search, and save the results.

My HDR200T now looks at channel 51 for ITV etc and the problem is solved. Could something similar be the problem with the Hannington subscribers having their HDR200T machines looking at the wrong multiplex on another transmitter?

| Mon 10 Dec 2018 20:41:07 #268 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

NeilD - 1 hour ago  » 
    Manual retuning as per the manual would not change the channel from 34 to 51 that the HDR200T looked at despite seleceting it and saving (irrespective of doing/not doing a network search).

There is a manual tuning FAQ on this forum see http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/transmitters#post-2336

| Mon 10 Dec 2018 21:46:55 #269 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

NeilD - 1 hour ago  » 
    Manual retuning as per the manual would not change the channel from 34 to 51

No it wouldn't change the channel from 34 to 51, just in the same way that attempting to add a red ball to a bucket that already contains a blue ball would normally leave the bucket still having the blue ball in it.
    Thus the reason that the manual tuning FAQ was written, which Martin has supplied a link to

| Mon 10 Dec 2018 22:01:20 #270 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.