My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000t COM7 MUX problem

(297 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cookie

Hi new to the forum recently purchased HDR1800t ,my local transmitter is Hannington and I am having the same problem with channel 32'not too sure when it started, I have rescanned with no success at all 0% quality and 0% signal strength. Could this be a transmitter problem?

| Sat 18 Apr 2015 20:16:36 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

SumpRat - 20 hours ago  » 
    Hi.
    I am glad I have found this post as I have exactly the same problem.
    Channel 32 from Hannington no longer has any signal. I thought it might be something I had done but now I believe it is something out of my control. I live in RG1 3Ln.
    I have a Humax HDR-2000T with UKTFAC 1.01.13 and recently plugged it into a new (to me) Hitachi HD TV via HDMI and tuned the TV in via the RF pass through from the Humax.
    Thanks
    Simon

Hi

So its not just me then. I've been tearing my hair out over this. As you can see from my original post I'm in RG30, have the same box as you, same software and same problem! I also connect the Humax to my new Samsung TV via HDMI and tune in the TV via the RF loop through from the HUMAX. What I don't understand is that my TV gets Channel 32 broadcasts no problem, but like you the HUMAX says 0% signal strength and quality. Clearly Channel 32 from Hannington is still being broadcast (or the TV would be out also). Is this a bug with the HUMAX?

I can also say the problem started last Tuesday (as I watch BBCNEWS HD at some point every evening).

| Sun 19 Apr 2015 17:01:07 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

Cookie - 20 hours ago  » 
    Hi new to the forum recently purchased HDR1800t ,my local transmitter is Hannington and I am having the same problem with channel 32'not too sure when it started, I have rescanned with no success at all 0% quality and 0% signal strength. Could this be a transmitter problem?

Hi

See my reply to Sumprat on this topic. It started for me last Tuesday. I tried 4 rescans on same day eventually pulling channel 32 back in. Following evening (Wednesday) it was gone and has been ever since. Were it not for my TV picking up Channel 32 (from same aerial) I'd be thinking it's Hannington but that can't be the case (unless the HUMAX is not sensitive enough to pick it up-which seems unlikely).

| Sun 19 Apr 2015 17:05:49 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Scott McC - 4 minutes ago  » 
    I can also say the problem started last Tuesday (as I watch BBC1HD at some point every evening).

BBC1 HD isn't carried on the COM7 MUX.

| Sun 19 Apr 2015 17:06:41 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

Martin Liddle - 2 minutes ago  » 

Scott McC - 4 minutes ago  » 
    I can also say the problem started last Tuesday (as I watch BBC1HD at some point every evening).

BBC1 HD isn't carried on the COM7 MUX.

Hi Martin

I just spotted my mistake and corrected to BBCNEWS HD.

Looks like there are one or two of us now with same problem.

Could it be that the power at Hannington has dropped to a level that's still ok for the TV but below a level that the HUMAX can handle?

| Sun 19 Apr 2015 17:11:52 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cookie

Hi chaps
    After many rescans and moving aerial feed away from HDMI cable I am still no nearer to solving this problem.have also disconnected power and rebooted but still the same I am running out of ideas.any suggestions would be welcomed.

| Sun 19 Apr 2015 18:50:09 #16 |
  7. SumpRat

SumpRat

I have just tried a manual retune for ch 32 but without the aerial lead from the Humax to the TV plugged in, still no signal detected.

Interesting that my TV is HD but the TV's built in Freeview tuner isn't HD.

Simon

| Sun 19 Apr 2015 19:04:56 #17 |
  8. SumpRat

SumpRat

I have asked about this on http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/help_and_advice

| Sun 19 Apr 2015 19:19:11 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Scott McC - 3 hours ago  » 

Cookie - 20 hours ago  » 

Hi
    See my reply to Sumprat on this topic. It started for me last Tuesday. I tried 4 rescans on same day eventually pulling channel 32 back in. Following evening (Wednesday) it was gone and has been ever since. Were it not for my TV picking up Channel 32 (from same aerial) I'd be thinking it's Hannington but that can't be the case (unless the HUMAX is not sensitive enough to pick it up-which seems unlikely).

This may seem a daft response. Can you try some form of signal attenuator on the aerial input to the the Humax box (especially if you have some sort of amplification between the aerial and the Humax box aerial input. This could be a properly designed UHF attenuator or a simple splitter (feed the TV from the other output of the splitter). Too high a signal can be as bad as too little. From your posts it seems very unlikely, but UHF is can have some very weird effects (including aerial and amplifier response at a specific frequency). Other than this all the possible courses seem to have been exhausted, so worth a punt .

It's not unknown for the transmission power of a specific MUX to be increased to check if it interferes with adjacent transmitters.

| Sun 19 Apr 2015 20:41:35 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

Hi All

Forgot to mention on Saturday I tried a Factory Reset. Again still no Channel 32. Think I'll try giving Humax a call tomorrow just in case they have any suggestions. I'll also explore Graham's suggestion of an attenuator.

| Sun 19 Apr 2015 21:34:58 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.