My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000t COM7 MUX problem

(297 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cookie

Hi I have just fitted a splitter as suggested and then carried out a rescan still have the same problem,I have not got an amplifier in the system and no blue ray recorders or anything else attached,baffled!

| Mon 20 Apr 2015 10:52:44 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

Hi All

I spoke to Humax on 0344 318 8800 and discussed the problem.

It was recommned I manually scan the following channels:

SD: 41, 42, 44, 45, 47
    HD: 39, 32

These are all Hannington centric channels. I explained that I had already done so and that all was well until I got to channel 32 which the Humax "sees" as having o% signal and quality.

After a lengthy pause, the Humax rep then recommended I perform another manual scan but this time using the following:

SD: 24, 27, 41, 44, 47
    HD: 21

I will try this evening but I don't hold out much hope. I tried a manual scan last Friday on every channel (using DVB-T2) between ~ 20 and 60 and only found a signal on Channel 39 which as you all know covers around a half of the available HD Freeview broadcasts.

As to why the TV can pick up the COM7 MUX but the Humax currently cannot, the rep referred to the Humax requiring a different "depth of tuning". I haven't invetigated whether that phrase means a great deal but perhaps soemone else can shed some light?

| Mon 20 Apr 2015 15:55:17 #22 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It does occur to me that the Humax may amplify the output from RF out slightly. Does the TV, with a direct RF connection still have no problem?

| Mon 20 Apr 2015 16:06:22 #23 |
  4. SumpRat

SumpRat

Did you explain that here appears to be three of us with the problem? I just did a manual scan on 32 and just prior to the scan it said it had signal at 84% and quality at 100% but still found no channels. Another scan saw no signal.

| Mon 20 Apr 2015 16:08:53 #24 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Cookie - 6 hours ago  » 
    Hi I have just fitted a splitter as suggested and then carried out a rescan still have the same problem,I have not got an amplifier in the system and no blue ray recorders or anything else attached,baffled!

Baffling indeed. Did you try feeding the TV with the other output of the splitter and confirm COM 7 is still available. That would reduce the signal strength by a little more than 50% (about 4dB).

If so and based on other reports it would seem that there is something in the COM 7 data stream the Humax doesn't like. Perhaps a change in the broadcast parameters.

| Mon 20 Apr 2015 17:23:22 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

SumpRat - 1 hour ago  » 
    Did you explain that here appears to be three of us with the problem? I just did a manual scan on 32 and just prior to the scan it said it had signal at 84% and quality at 100% but still found no channels. Another scan saw no signal.

Hi Simon

Yes I informed Humax there were several of us experiencing same. I would have thought that if you had signal at 84% you would be able to receive channels (even if just temporarily). Even more baffling.

| Mon 20 Apr 2015 17:33:17 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

Hi All

Not sure if this is useful, but I can say that this problem started at some point on Tuesday 14 April. I was able to restore channel 32 around 00:30 on Wednesday 15th but it was gone when I checked at ~22:00 and it's been that way ever since. My set-up has not changed in the period prior to or after this problem first appeared.

As suggested by Graham Thompson, I'm coming to the view that there has been some recent change to the Channel 32 signal in the Hannington area that the Humax does not like.

| Mon 20 Apr 2015 17:40:15 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

As there are BBC channels involved, is it worth getting in touch with the BBC to see if they can resolve this?
    Try http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/television and follow the Transmitter Checker - eventually you can report a problem. Probably better to go to "About us" page and contact them by 'phone.

| Tue 21 Apr 2015 8:13:52 #28 |
  9. mrbazzerman

mrbazzerman

Finally!! I thought I was going mad! I am having the same problem.

I am living in the RG17 postal area and my box points to the Hannington transmitter. I have a DTR - 2000T box and the same night that "Spike TV" went live I lost all my com 7 channels. I don't have the option to manually scan with my box so having tried doing it automatically I have had no luck.

| Tue 21 Apr 2015 8:46:21 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

For what it's worth, aerialsandtv's Hannington page has some advice about faultfinding when MUXes disappear. No idea whether any of this applies in the current case.

http://www.aerialsandtv.com/hanningtontx.html

| Tue 21 Apr 2015 9:51:48 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.