My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000T maintenance mode ?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

does the Humax HDR-2000T have a maintenance mode and if so can anyone tell me how to enter it?thanks mactoshb

| Mon 14 Sep 2015 18:15:22 #1 |
  2. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

No. It does have a hidden menu though. What are you trying to do?

| Mon 14 Sep 2015 19:47:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Need to know?

mactoshb, don't blame me if you brick it!

MontysEvilTwin - 6 months ago  » 
    In the hidden menu (see here) there are options to change the country and service provider. This will make the EPG show the correct local time and may fix your channel numbers (not tested it myself so am not sure).

MontysEvilTwin - 1 year ago  » 
    If it is like the HDR-FOX T2, you can access a hidden menu in Settings>System>System information by pressing red, green, yellow, blue, green, yellow, blue and change the country there.

It is identical.

| Mon 14 Sep 2015 19:50:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

Hi, the answer to what i was trying to do was simply that I assumed because the humax boxes I was used to the DTR1000 and DTR1010 had a maintenance mode which I have used to fix "Falty" boxes i thought it would be general for most Humax boxws.
    But since writing my post I have realised that the hidden maintenance mode is more a YouView thing.
    Anyhway I just bought a HDR 2000T that was sold as faulty and was trying to get a handle on any maintenance mode.
    I did know about the hidden menu from my Foxsat HDR and am aware that it is dodgy to muck about with it.
    so thanks for the responses, I think it will have to be a USB software update I downloaded earlier

| Mon 14 Sep 2015 21:14:47 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

mactoshb - 11 hours ago  » 
    Anyhway I just bought a HDR 2000T that was sold as faulty

You may find that all it needs is a retune. There was one sold faulty very recently with a description of:

On certain stations the picture appears to be missing, i.e. blocks on the picture. I.E Quest channel is not good BBC-1HD ITVHD BBC2 HD seem to be OK, but who knows the fault could get worse. My signal stength is 60% one person told me that it could be my aerial, but my TV picture is ok using its own tuner ...

I can replicate those symptoms in that example exactly with an HDR-2000T on my aerial by just using auto-tuning and selecting my preferred transmitter from the menu that the hdr-2000t displays after it has performed its scan. Also that item is from leeds and therefore could well have auto-tuned to a weaker quest multiplex if Emley Moor was selected during auto-tuning .

I take it that example wasn't yours (?) as its a bit too recent to have been delivered yet. I suspect that the buyer buys a lot of 'faulty' recorders.

| Tue 15 Sep 2015 8:43:21 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

I think you have hit the nail on the head! It looks like you copied that from the eBay listing, You are right it is a bit early for it to have been delivered yet, it is due tomorrow (Wed) I will do as you have suggested and try simple retuning. I was simply trying to get together what I needed to have a go at fixing it.
    I do buy quite a few Faulty recorders but up till now it is mostly the humax DTR YouView ones and I get more working and sold than I fail with.
    Many thanks for the assistance, I will post the result in due cours of my efforts once it has arrived, the way I was looking at it even if I don't get it up and runniong, between the hard drive and the original remote I will easily get back what I paid
    Thanks again, Boyd (mactoshb)

| Tue 15 Sep 2015 12:05:48 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.