My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000T or DTR-1000T ?

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mailing - 9 hours ago  » 
    So the HDR-2000T only has iPlayer and no other catch-up services (ie, no ITV Player, no 4OD, etc)?

Correct.

But it does allow transferring recorded programmes to a PC?

It is the same as the HDR-FOX T2 (with standard firmware) in this respect ie SD recordings can be decrypted by copying to an attached USB hard drive and played on a PC. HD recordings can only be decoded by using a utility called Foxy to fool the HDR-2000T into treating them as SD.

Does the HDR-Fox-2 have an internal HDD or does it just use an external HDD?

Internal.

In which case, can it record two programmes simultaneously?

Yes it can.

| Wed 26 Mar 2014 10:18:17 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 12 hours ago  » 
    Rather think your post is the one that's biassed.

You are talking nonsense. I was trying to bring balance to the debate. I own both both boxes; do you? The main disadvantage of the HDR-FOX T2 at this point in time is that you cannot buy a new one. The main source is the reconditioned items offered by Humax Direct. They do benefit from a one year warranty but some of the problems that have been reported by users include hard drives with over 2500 reallocated disk sectors or a disk with over 5000 power on hours.

If users want the benefits of the custom firmware then they should buy an HDR-FOX T2 at this time (it isn't impossible that the custom firmware will appear on the HDR-2000T in the future but there are no guarantees). If they want a reliable PVR that will perform well from the moment that it is taken out of the packaging then they should consider a new HDR-2000T or a reconditioned HDR-FOX T2.

| Wed 26 Mar 2014 10:30:45 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

Martin Liddle - 25 minutes ago  » 
    I own both both boxes; do you?

Do you have the same trouble that I do with the 2000T interfering with the TV/surround sound communication? I find this a constant irritation, particularly as it was fine with the Fox T2.

| Wed 26 Mar 2014 11:02:10 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martin Liddle - 44 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 12 hours ago  » 
    Rather think your post is the one that's biassed.

You are talking nonsense. I was trying to bring balance to the debate. I own both both boxes; do you? The main disadvantage of the HDR-FOX T2 at this point in time is that you cannot buy a new one. The main source is the reconditioned items offered by Humax Direct. They do benefit from a one year warranty but some of the problems that have been reported by users include hard drives with over 2500 reallocated disk sectors or a disk with over 5000 power on hours.
    If users want the benefits of the custom firmware then they should buy an HDR-FOX T2 at this time (it isn't impossible that the custom firmware will appear on the HDR-2000T in the future but there are no guarantees). If they want a reliable PVR that will perform well from the moment that it is taken out of the packaging then they should consider a new HDR-2000T or a reconditioned HDR-FOX T2.

Nonsense ???

The OP asked about the difference between the HDR2000T and the Youview box. I merely pointed the OP to a list of features that the You view box lacked in comparison to the then current comparable box. When asked I pointed out that this list was based on the then current HDR Fox T2 and would not necessarily apply to the HDR2000T.

Simple example

The Youview box if compared directly to the HDR2000T would have positive entries for Front Panel Display and RF Loopthrough in SBY.

What is inaccurate about merely stating that the HDR2000T loses some capability compared to the older box ?

These are well documented elsewhere in this forum, there was no reason to take this thread so far off topic, nor make unwarranted accusations re bias.

Where did I say the OP should buy a HDR FOX T2 ?.

If you wish to start an on topic thread which has already been discussed at length feel free to do so.

| Wed 26 Mar 2014 11:33:56 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 8 minutes ago  » 
    What is inaccurate about merely stating that the HDR2000T loses some capability compared to the older box ?

I didn't say it was inaccurate; please don't distort my comments. I said it lacked balance; you pointed out some of the shortcomings of the HDR-2000T without also pointing out the advantages.

As I see it, the HDR-2000T was designed for a lower price point than the HDR-FOX T2 and things like the front panel have been sacrificed to achieve it. People will have different views as to whether this is a good thing.

| Wed 26 Mar 2014 11:46:40 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martin Liddle - 2 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 8 minutes ago  » 

I didn't say it was inaccurate; please don't distort my comments. I said it lacked balance; you pointed out some of the shortcomings of the HDR-2000T without also pointing out the advantages.
    As I see it, the HDR-2000T was designed for a lower price point than the HDR-FOX T2 and things like the front panel have been sacrificed to achieve it. People will have different views as to whether this is a good thing.

You said it was nonsense. Where did it lack balance ?

The two points I made were entirely valid.

Had the original comparison been made between the Youview box and the HDR2000T the list would have positive entries for Front Panel Display and RF Loopthrough in Sby, and therefore relevant to the thread title.

As to cheaper, are you suggesting that if both boxes had continued in production then the HDR2000T would have outsold the older box ?.

| Wed 26 Mar 2014 11:56:06 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    You said it was nonsense.

I said your claim that I was biased was nonsense and I stand by that.

| Wed 26 Mar 2014 13:14:46 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

This is getting ridicolous.

After pointing out that the original comparison was comparing the HDR FOX T2 to the DTR1000T I made the following remark.

It's basically a comparison of the then current HDR FOX T2 against the Youview box. The current HDR2000T loses some capability compared to the HDR FOX T2.

For some reason you interpreted this in some way a suggestion that this was an attack on the HDR2000T, in fact it's entirely relevant to the OP's question.

Even when the key two relevant features were posted you continued with this.

The HDR2000T lacks a front Display - The DTR-1000T has a display
    The HDR2000T is unable to pass through an aerial signal through the box when in sby. The DTR1000T does have rf loopthrough in sby.

Either of the above may influence the decision of the OP re which box to buy.

| Wed 26 Mar 2014 13:33:56 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 
    This is getting ridicolous.

Stop changing tack. Explain clearly your suggestion that I am biased.

| Wed 26 Mar 2014 16:06:48 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.