My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000T - Remote Control

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rogojo

My remote control stopped working after about a week. I replaced the two AAA batteries, and it started working again, but only for about another couple of weeks. I bought a replacement remote control, but the same thing has started to happen. I can't believe a remote control chews through batteries this quickly ! Is there a known problem ? How can I tell whether it is the remote control or the unit itself ? Any ideas ?

| Mon 9 Apr 2018 13:43:00 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

rogojo - 43 minutes ago  » 
    My remote control stopped working after about a week. I replaced the two AAA batteries, and it started working again, but only for about another couple of weeks. I bought a replacement remote control, but the same thing has started to happen. I can't believe a remote control chews through batteries this quickly ! Is there a known problem ? How can I tell whether it is the remote control or the unit itself ? Any ideas ?

Is this a new Humax? If so talk to Humax support. The batteries (assuming decent quality) should last for a long time.

| Mon 9 Apr 2018 14:29:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

The only beef I have with the remote is that its in that shiny plastic which looks bad with every fingerprint and seems to highlight all the dust and fingerprint on there. Its the one I always seem to be cleaning but the clean look doesnt last for long

Its a very cheap effect plastic and they should have used the dull high quality plastic like Samsung use on their TV remotes.

Apart from that it works fine with a nice feel to the buttons and handy lights to switch from pvr to tv functions.

| Mon 16 Apr 2018 0:03:35 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Minstrel SE - 22 hours ago  » 
    The only beef I have with the remote is that its in that shiny plastic which looks bad with every fingerprint and seems to highlight all the dust and fingerprint on there. Its the one I always seem to be cleaning but the clean look doesnt last for long
    Its a very cheap effect plastic and they should have used the dull high quality plastic like Samsung use on their TV remotes.
    Apart from that it works fine with a nice feel to the buttons and handy lights to switch from pvr to tv functions.

I love the Humax 1000s/2000T remote. Yes it's a fingerprint magnet but I love the layout including the 'clicky' buttons. You should see what they did to the Humax BT Youview remote. That is dull plastic with rubbery buttons all squished together. The rubberised buttons are so near to each other I have to use my finger nail to use certain functions as my sausage fingers hit other functions beside the one I select.

BTW on average the batteries in mine will last about 12 months.

| Mon 16 Apr 2018 22:20:57 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.