My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 2000T - Software update

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Have I missed something here? On switching on my Humax tonight I was offered a software update to v1.01.16. (I thought it was OTA but there is nothing listed on the DTG website).

Can anyone tell me what changes/improvements this makes please?

| Thu 1 Oct 2015 0:10:55 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Victor Delta - 8 hours ago  » 
    Can anyone tell me what changes/improvements this makes please?

The release note on the Humax Digital site state:

"Reboot issue when changing the broadcast CH from IP CH is fixed"

This means that you can now switch from one of the IP channels in the 25-299 range to an aerial sourced channel without it crashing.

The software is also available for download from http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=442&pid=6

| Thu 1 Oct 2015 8:18:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Thanks.

| Thu 1 Oct 2015 23:43:30 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

cw

This update appears to have broken my HDR2000T. It now only responds to the remote very intermittently, I'm having to keep hitting the buttons repeatedly to get anywhere.

It's definitely not the remote, because it does the same thing on my Harmony, and I've swapped the batteries.

Is there a link to the previous version so that I can factory reset and update to the previous via USB?

| Fri 2 Oct 2015 21:34:50 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cw - 10 minutes ago  » 
    This update appears to have broken my HDR2000T. It now only responds to the remote very intermittently, I'm having to keep hitting the buttons repeatedly to get anywhere.
    It's definitely not the remote, because it does the same thing on my Harmony, and I've swapped the batteries.
    Is there a link to the previous version so that I can factory reset and update to the previous via USB?

Have you tried a factory reset anyway ?

| Fri 2 Oct 2015 21:46:22 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

cw

Well this is embarrassing...

Factory reset didn't downgrade the firmware and didn't fix the problem either. But then I spotted that the Roomba was off its perch, and the IR navigation beacon was active. Covered the beacon and the problem cleared up instantly, so it was just a simple case of our IR crosstalk. Doh!

Typical that this happens for the very first time just after a system update!

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

| Fri 2 Oct 2015 23:11:00 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

CrewManager

Ive had the same problems as you, but don't know what a Roomba is either on or off its perch or an IR navigation beacon. I still have the problems, any ideas?

| Wed 7 Oct 2015 21:50:08 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

cw

It's a robot vacuum cleaner, it uses infrared signals from a base station to find where it is. When the base station is on and sending out infrared signals the humax gets confused and can't make out the signal from the remote, because there's so much noise.

Check to see if you've got any electronics nearby that could be using infrared signals: turns things off and cover things up to confirm.

Failing that, one of my previous pvrs was very fussy about having the remote pointed directly at it, at a very straight angle, before it would work reliably.

| Wed 7 Oct 2015 23:19:49 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

cw

I've just checked your other posts. When I was having problems the buttons on the front were working perfectly, so I don't think it's the same issue.

| Wed 7 Oct 2015 23:25:03 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Squuiid

Software Details & Release Notes
    - Application version : UKTFAC 1.01.16

Release Notes:
    -. Reboot issue when changing the broadcast CH from IP CH is fixed

This issue has never happened to me except now that I have updated! My box just rebooted after doing exactly what the release notes claim to fix.

| Sun 11 Oct 2015 17:30:05 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.