My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 2000T - Software update

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MarkyH

Hi

Is the software update for the 500GB HDR2000T the same as for the 1TB version?

From http://www.humaxdigital.com, the 500GB hdf file is downloadable (http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=442&pid=6), but the 1TB hdf file is not accessible (http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=479&pid=6)

I have the 1TB version so reluctant to use the download from the 500GB page.

I've just bought this PVR and when connected to the internet, it updated to Application version : UKTFAC 1.01.16 (12/08/2015) but it did not update the Loader version from 1.02 to 1.04). Is the Loader Version important/beneficial? i.e. should I even bother doing a manual update from USB using the hdf file?

Thanks

| Sat 21 Nov 2015 11:46:48 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Software is the same for all variants.

As for loader, if your unit is performing as expected then no need.

| Sat 21 Nov 2015 16:12:26 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MarkyH

Thanks Barry, but I don't know what "as expected" means yet! What is the "Loader"? Thnx

| Sat 21 Nov 2015 19:05:32 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MarkyH - 2 hours ago  » 
    What is the "Loader"?

The Loader is the first piece of software that runs when the box boots up. Its main job is to load the main operating system but it also handles software updates via USB stick. Once the box has started the loader has finished its job.

| Sat 21 Nov 2015 21:47:23 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MarkyH

Thanks Martin. So if the box starts, then the loader's done it's job and it's no longer important. No need to worry about upgrading to 2.04 then. (?) Thanks

| Sun 22 Nov 2015 1:38:45 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

MarkyH

So, I downloaded hdf file from here (http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=442&pid=6) and installed. It all went as it should. However, I started with loader version 1.02 and ended up with 1.02, ie it didn't upgrade to 1.04. Any ideas why?

Also, having just returned from a week away, I've noticed that most of my recordings have suffered signal failures, momentary pixelations, etc. I was rather hoping Application version : UKTFAC 1.01.16 was going to sort all that out. I cant recall watching a program without these signal failures, apart from perhaps for the first 30 minutes or so after a reboot. I guess that's something else I gotta look for here?

Thanks

| Sun 29 Nov 2015 20:35:46 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MarkyH - 2 hours ago  » 
    Any ideas why?

Best guess would be that the loader isn't included in the software.

Also, having just returned from a week away, I've noticed that most of my recordings have suffered signal failures, momentary pixelations, etc. I was rather hoping Application version : UKTFAC 1.01.16 was going to sort all that out.

I doubt that software will resolve that problem. What is the signal strength and quality reported by the Humax on the channels you were recording?

| Sun 29 Nov 2015 23:31:38 #17 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

iirc loader 1.04 came with version 1.01.06, no longer available to download from Humax, however I do have it and can upload here if required.

As Martin says though doubt that will resolve issue.

| Sun 29 Nov 2015 23:43:47 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.