My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000T sound problem

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

warmbell

Hi,
    I seem to have an unusual problem with the sound on this PVR. If I turn the unit on to watch something I have recorded there is no sound at all even on a programme that is live. I have to remove the power lead for about 20 seconds and plug it back in. When I switch it back on again the sound is there and there is sound on the recording. Is there any way of stopping this from happening without doing a factory reset which I have been told would probably wipe off all the recordings I have made?
    Thanks,
    Gerald

| Thu 24 Sep 2020 11:29:27 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

warmbell - 27 secs ago  » 
    Hi,
    I seem to have an unusual problem with the sound on this PVR. If I turn the unit on to watch something I have recorded there is no sound at all even on a programme that is live. I have to remove the power lead for about 20 seconds and plug it back in. When I switch it back on again the sound is there and there is sound on the recording. Is there any way of stopping this from happening without doing a factory reset which I have been told would probably wipe off all the recordings I have made?
    Thanks,
    Gerald

A factory reset will not delete your existing recordings. It does delete your recording schedule so take a digital photo first as you will have to re-enter it.

Only a hard disk format deletes existing recordings.

| Thu 24 Sep 2020 11:32:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

How is your PVR connected to your TV? Probably an HDMI lead. There have been problems reported with this before. See if https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/possible-work-around-for-no-sound-issue.6225/ helps.

| Thu 24 Sep 2020 12:56:31 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

warmbell - 2 hours ago  » 
    If I turn the unit on to watch something I have recorded there is no sound at all even on a programme that is live.

First question is what software version is the Humax using (Menu button> Settings> System> System information)?

| Thu 24 Sep 2020 14:22:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

warmbell

software version UKTFAC 1.01.18

| Fri 25 Sep 2020 8:11:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

warmbell - 2 hours ago  » 
    software version UKTFAC 1.01.18

With that version it is highly likely that the cause is a known bug in the older version of the software.
    The version without the sound bug is UKTFAC 1.01.20.

There used to be three different ways you could update the software, but now there are just two.
    Using a PC or Mac You could either download the software from Humax and update using a USB memory device (either a USB stick or a USB hard drive will do), or you could connect the HDR-2000T via an Ethernet cable to you router, and unless you have turned down the offer of an update it will update after anything from 20 minutes to a couple of days!

The old method of using the option within the HDR-2000T to update no longer works. The DTG withdraw this method a few years ago for all freeview models, not just Humax models. If you do try that method it will just say to you that you are on the latest software. It knows no better. There is nothing to be gained by trying this redundant method as that update service no longer exists.

| Fri 25 Sep 2020 11:03:06 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

warmbell

Thanks for the info.
    I downloaded it last night and updated this morning, fingers crossed that was the problem.
    regards,
    gerald

| Sat 26 Sep 2020 9:09:40 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.