My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR-FOX T2 custom FW: access to remote control key

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cal

Right, so there's a dropdown to select the correct Forum - one more time then, in the correct forum

Hi

This is probably going to sound like senseless quibbling, but imo, the HDR-FOX T2 remote control is a bit of an ergonomic mess. I find myself constantly reaching up and down the remote to locate controls that could be better grouped. I hate a remote that can't be operated with one hand. Some aspects of the UI are a problem as well. My point of reference is the Pace Twin, which had a marvellously-designed remote which worked really well with its intuitive UI. Were it not for the DSO killing off the Twin, i'd still be using it. Here are my main "beefs":

- On the remote, the huge 4-way + OK button has no functionality other than within menus and the EPG. This is a waste of remote real-estate
    - Given the size of remote, placing the mute button at the top is a pain to use.
    - in the EPG, selecting a show that's not the one you're currently watching pops up a record dialogue. I'd rather use the Record button to initiate scheduled recordings

So i guess my question is: how programmable is the remote control interface with the Humax software? Is there any potential for key remapping or better still, contextual remapping?

thanks!

| Mon 11 Mar 2013 16:11:43 #1 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

You would be better off asking this on the hummy.tv forum, where the custom firmware is supported.

| Mon 11 Mar 2013 19:55:39 #2 |
  3. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

cal : The Custom Firmware does allow Remote control 'key swapping' and single key Macros to be built. I will PM you with the details

| Fri 5 Apr 2013 15:08:47 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.