My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

HDR fox T2 flashing

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Grandalf

As a new member I wonder if someone could clear up a small matter of confusion for me. I have just ordered a T2 that has older 1.02xx firmware. Do I need to update factory firmware to 1.03xx before flashing latest custom or just install the 1.02 version. I would like iPlayer to work if possible. Or indeed can I just flash the latest 1.03 directly. Unable to find any real clarity on the. Any advice very much appreciated.

| Wed 28 Feb 2024 9:41:07 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Grandalf - 22 mins ago  » 
    I have just ordered a T2 that has older 1.02xx firmware. Do I need to update factory firmware to 1.03xx before flashing latest custom or just install the 1.02 version. I would like iPlayer to work if possible. Or indeed can I just flash the latest 1.03 directly.

As far as I know you can just flash the 1.03.12_mod_3.13 custom firmware package. I am not sure whether you will get iPlayer working.

| Wed 28 Feb 2024 10:07:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Grandalf

Thanks for your input. Will give it a shot. Appreciated

| Wed 28 Feb 2024 10:16:47 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Grandalf - 9 hours ago  » 
    I have just ordered a T2 that has older 1.02xx firmware. Do I need to update factory firmware to 1.03xx before flashing latest custom or just install the 1.02 version.

The current custom firmware installation software are a single unified installation package which upgrades both the Custom Firmware along with the underlying kernel and Humax firmware in a single step.
    The up to date versions of all the HDR-FOX T2 custom firmware installation software contains both the custom firmware and also the appropriate version of the Humax software. Which ever software that is already on the box concerning Humax software will be overwritten by the appropriate Humax version when you load the custom firmware.

I would like iPlayer to work if possible. Or indeed can I just flash the latest 1.03 directly.

Neither the latest custom firmware, or the latest Humax software will enable iPlayer to work on the HDR-FOX T2.
    For a good few years even when it was working it has been very slow and frequently crashed when you attempted to start playing your selection. Even if there was a fix developed to bring it back to how it was a few years ago it would still have those issues.

Unable to find any real clarity on the.

See the hummy.tv forum where the writers of the custom firmware post, especially the Upgrade Method section of https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Which_Version.

| Wed 28 Feb 2024 19:48:59 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Grandalf

Thank you for clearing things up. I was mistaken that you needed at least v1.03.06 to flash upgrade, must have misread it. Nice of you to put me on the right track. Should be plain sailing now. Cheers

| Wed 28 Feb 2024 20:58:52 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.