My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR Fox T2 Front panel

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

498mjd

I have removed the orange filter from the front panel display which has improved the visibilty of the display considerably while the box is in operating mode. However the clock is hardly visible when the box is in Standby. Does anyone known of a modification which will improve the brightness of the clock in Standby?

| Sat 17 May 2014 21:55:00 #1 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

I find that mine are fully visible in standby, after having the orange filter removed.

You can increase the brightness using the custom firmware, and the redring package.

| Sat 17 May 2014 22:04:34 #2 |
  3. Wallace

Wallace

special member

As Brian says, you could install the custom firmware and then the redring package.

One thing I will add though, the VFD (front display), will get fainter with age.

I have three HDRs. I have removed the orange filter on them all. The oldest unit has the faintest display of them. Not sure if redring can improve that. However, so mine all match, I have used redring to dim the other displays more so that they match!

| Sat 17 May 2014 23:33:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

498mjd

Thank you Brian and Wallace for your advic.e I do have the Custom Firmware installed, I'll look into Redring

| Mon 19 May 2014 19:29:09 #4 |
  5. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

There are notes on the Custom Firmware Redring options in the WiKi (Link HERE) look for 'Display Brightness'

| Wed 21 May 2014 12:07:29 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

498mjd

Thanks ezra pound, I now have it all sorted

| Thu 22 May 2014 13:28:55 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.