My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR Fox T2, How to Reset Without Remote Control

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

poshsimon

I have successfully lost the remote control for my HDR Fox T2. Silly me!

The T2 was the second Humax box in the same room and previously I had changed the settings on the T2 to allow two humax devices operate independently in the same room.

I have a one-for-all generic remote control, but it won't work with the T2 because it's not on the standard Humax remote setting.

As I don't have a remote, is there a way to reset the T2 back to the default remote for a single Humax box so that I can use the generic remote, or even another buy another Humax remote control?

Thanks in advance.

| Tue 8 Feb 2022 0:03:38 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Didn't you buy the FP-5000T new and as such it would have come with a Humax remote control?
    Although the remote for the FVP-5000T can control all the HDR-FOX T2's functions it would allow you to reset the HDR-FOX T2 back to mode 1.

| Tue 8 Feb 2022 0:42:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

poshsimon

Thanks Luke, that's interesting. I can't do that as the FP-5000T is at an entirely different location.

If there's a way of resetting without the remote control it's mean I can actually use the machine.

| Tue 8 Feb 2022 9:29:24 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Sorry, but I don't think there is. Even a reload of the software via a USB stick preserves the mode.

Somehow you will need to borrow, or obtain, a genuine Humax remote for any of FVP-4000T, FVP-5000T, HDR-1800T, HDR-2000T, HDR-FOX T2, HD-FOX T2, FOXSAT-HDR, HDR-1000S, HDR-1100S, HDR-1010S, HB-1000S and HB-1100S.
    (The original Huamx curvy youview remote will also change the mode on these models, despite it not being able to change the mode on the youview box it was made for. Unfortunately although these are plentiful there are also a lot of them masquerading as genuine, and also a lot of later youview remotes which can't help you.)

If you can't borrow one then sometimes there are second hand models sold where some of the buttons don't always work. You may be able to locate and buy one of those cheaply, but it would need to be a genuine Humax remote.

| Tue 8 Feb 2022 10:58:29 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

poshsimon

Thanks Luke, I had a feeling this might be the case.

On the generic remotes available online: Yes, I have found that. Having bought one it was a load of junk.

I have just this minute ordered a remote online claiming to be a genuine device. We'll see.

When it arrives it might be another question on how to set it to work.

Thanks

| Tue 8 Feb 2022 11:33:08 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Once you have it working you could consider adding the third party custom firmware to your HDR-FOX T2.
    This is a link to an overview, plus links to how to do this https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Custom_Firmware_Overview

Instructions for installing the Custom firmware: https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Install_Modified_Firmware
    Instructions for then installing the web interface:
    https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Install_Full_Web_Interface

You can then very easily add a "wifi remote controller" which will enable you to use a browser to display a virtual remote on your phone or PC and use that, (apart form the On" button which you would need to use a real "On" button either via a physical remote of the front of the HDR-FOX T2).
    https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/WebIf_Remote_Controller

| Tue 8 Feb 2022 13:12:10 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

poshsimon

Okidoke, the genuine remote control has arrived.

I've installed the batteries.

I'm now wondering how I get the remote to work with the PVR as, of course, as I mentioned, the PVR is set to one of the other options when there are multiple devices.

Thanks in advance.

| Thu 10 Feb 2022 17:03:40 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

poshsimon

I just remembered, and for reference:-

Press OK and 0 keys together until a pop-up on the screen appears. It showed me the current setting, which in this instance, was number 4.
    I simply pressed 1 to take it back to the default.
    Hey presto, it all works just fine.

| Thu 10 Feb 2022 17:22:42 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

You will find the original remote in the next 15 minutes

| Thu 10 Feb 2022 17:31:57 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

poshsimon

LOL SSThing, yes, more than likely.

| Thu 10 Feb 2022 17:52:28 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic