My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR FOX T2 // UPnP DLNA Issue

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

andrewfg

I'm curious to know how your client managed to get the HDR T2 to even list the non-MP3 audio files.

A UPnP Media Server (such as Whitebear) publishes tracks to the player's Content Directory. The information for each track, contains a list of one or more urls by which the player can download and play the track. In the case of Whitebear, it offers in this list, a url for the track in native format, a url for the track transcoded into pcm format, a url for the track transcoded into MP3 format (insofar the native format is not MP3), and a url for the track transcoded into flac format (insofar as the native format is not flac). And the player may choose which of these it shall display and/or play.

As we know, the Humax can only play MP3. So the trick is to ensure that there is always at least one offer for MP3 format for each track. Some players (and I don't know if the Humax is one such) only look at the first url in the list, and if this is not MP3 then the track does not show up at all. Against this, Whitebear has compatibility settings for each player type, whereby you can force MP3 to be the first shown format in the list.

| Thu 30 Jun 2011 18:07:49 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

Thanks for the explanation of the mechanism of the client/server relationship. However, that wasn't exactly what I asked. i.e. How do two people with the exact same setup get different results? Your client can see .flac files in the HDR's media list and and attempt to play them. I can't even list them. Anyway, I'll just leave it at that. Good luck with your endeavours.

| Fri 1 Jul 2011 11:18:10 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

andrewfg

raydon - 10 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for the explanation of the mechanism of the client/server relationship. However, that wasn't exactly what I asked. i.e. How do two people with the exact same setup get different results? Your client can see .flac files in the HDR's media list and and attempt to play them. I can't even list them. Anyway, I'll just leave it at that. Good luck with your endeavours.

As I said "Whitebear has compatibility settings for each player type, whereby you can force MP3 to be the first shown format in the list." -- Open the tray icon| settiungs | compatibility settings etc...

| Fri 1 Jul 2011 22:08:51 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.