My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR to HDR-1000 questions

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mjheathcote

Hello,
    I have a HDR that we have had for years since they first launched, and to honest, it's been great.
    We wish to buy the new HDR-1000 and relocate the old HDR to a spare room, but would like to clarify a few questions please!

1. Can our existing 1Tb external USB hard drive with recordings transferred from the HDR be read by the new HDR-1000 box?
    2. I understand that the new HDR-1000 is DNLA enabled. If I flash our old HDR with the custom firmware, will the new HDR-1000 be able to read the recordings on the old HDR via our home network? What about HD recordings?
    Thanks,
    Mike

| Fri 28 Dec 2012 10:52:59 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum.

The HDR-1000s will both stream recordings direct from a Foxsat-hdr (custom firmware and DNLA package required) and play them back from usb but only if they were recorded without encycryption.

HD recordings made on the Foxsat-hdr will be encrypted (apart from a month or so after BBC1-HD was launched).

HD recordings made manually using non-freesat mode after a reboot in non-freesat won't be encrypted so can be viewed.

All SD recordings should play back OK.

| Fri 28 Dec 2012 11:48:07 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mjheathcote

Thanks for the reply.
    I have a quite a few encrypted HD recordings on my external HDD via USB, will these play if the external HDD is plugged into the back of a new HDR-1000?
    I found out by accident a few years ago if after recording a encrypted HD program, the first time you open up the split screen media window it allows you to copy across to the USB hard drive, but only the first time, then the option is not available. Must be a bug in the software that is handy to know!
    Thanks,
    Mike

| Fri 28 Dec 2012 12:01:08 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

No, only the Foxsat that made an encryped programme can play it back.
    There is a copy n times field in the .hmt - you can reset it with AV2HDR - no point if it is encrypted.

| Fri 28 Dec 2012 12:23:54 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just to add the broadcaster usually sets the copy n times flag to 1 in the .hmt for HD contents. It's not a bug it's part of the Freesat+ drm specification.

| Fri 28 Dec 2012 12:42:29 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

skhum

My HDR 1000s has no 'Now and Next' and further information when changed to non-freesat mode. I had this facility on my old FOXSAT HD. This seems to be a retrograde step for a high end machine. The other problem is a complicated menu structure using 'Home and Settings' buttons. Any hope of resolving these points in the future update.

| Sun 30 Dec 2012 11:43:32 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

freesat designed the UI, I rather think they only specified a non-freesat mode because of EEC rules.

| Sun 30 Dec 2012 11:54:39 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.