My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR1000 won't record HDD and USB not recognised

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

peter843

I have a HDR-1000S been working fine for just over 2 years.
    Then one day all recordings lost and unit will not record . No HD format option shows up in the the system menu. When I connect a USB stick it does not show up. When I go to storage menu, I just get a message connect some USB storage.

On discussing with Humax favourite seemed to be HDD failure. So I replaced the HDD with same type as original. Seagate 1000 MB . But unit still does not record or have any HDD format options in the system menu. Although I can hear the HDD running.

Looks like something other than the HDD , likely the driver hardware , or could it be a software update problem.

Any ideas welcome, I am close to buying a new satellite PVR unit, but it won't be Humax.

| Sat 18 Jul 2015 18:45:03 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I would not have replaced the HDD without first carrying out a factory reset. I have had this happen to me at least twice if not more in the two years I have owned mine (same model).

When this has happened I have simply unplugged the unit for around ten to fifteen minutes, reconnected power and let the system cycle through boot sequence.

After this I start the machine as normal and I have always found normal service to have resumed. All recordings back too etc.

| Sat 18 Jul 2015 23:22:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

peter843 - 14 hours ago  » 
    Any ideas welcome, I am close to buying a new satellite PVR unit, but it won't be Humax.

There aren't a lot of satellite PVRs to choose from, if you want Freesat. At present, all Freesat Freetime boxes are made by Humax, though Manhattan have said they will be launching one in future.

If you're not bothered about Freetime, there's Sagemcom, Manhattan, Bush, and Goodmans boxes available. See http://www.freesat.co.uk/get-freesat/recommended/freesat-plus

| Sun 19 Jul 2015 9:32:23 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Faust - 10 hours ago  » 
    I would not have replaced the HDD without first carrying out a factory reset. I have had this happen to me at least twice if not more in the two years I have owned mine (same model).
    When this has happened I have simply unplugged the unit for around ten to fifteen minutes, reconnected power and let the system cycle through boot sequence.
    After this I start the machine as normal and I have always found normal service to have resumed. All recordings back too etc.

I think most of us have seen this once or twice, just after a boot. I presumed that population on the list was not yet complete and just did a standby cycle. Never have I looked at the storage menu when this happened.

I think the problem described above is different in that storage has not been detected as confirmed by the message to connect some USB storage. Also a USB pendrive is not seen.

Edit: However they may been some connection between the two problems.

| Sun 19 Jul 2015 10:08:35 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

JamesB - 36 minutes ago  » 

peter843 - 14 hours ago  » 

There aren't a lot of satellite PVRs to choose from, if you want Humax, though Manhattan have said they will be launching one in future.Freesat. At present, all Freesat Freetime boxes are made by
    If you're not bothered about Freetime, there's Sagemcom, Manhattan, Bush, and Goodmans boxes available. See http://www.freesat.co.uk/get-freesat/recommended/freesat-plus

If you can find a Humax Foxsat-HDR, perhaps off EBAY, they are very reliable and have some great features with the custom firmware.

| Sun 19 Jul 2015 10:10:19 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

alanmalarkey

did you resolve this as I have an identical problem?

| Mon 1 Jul 2019 17:41:57 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.