My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR1000S - DHCP issues, static IP/DNS issues!

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

brixo

This is frustrating.

My HDR1000S is connected to my ADSL router via RJ45, link up/up. It seems to not want to pick up an IP address via DHCP from the router (don't know why - every other device on my network is fine)...

So, I enter a static/manual IP address with correct default gateway & DNS settings... But it fails to keep the settings, therefore, I cannot see anything via "On Demand", however, I can stream music from devices on my network.

Effectively, I have no OnDemand, which was the whole point of my shelling out £250!!

Any ideas?

| Thu 6 Jun 2013 18:33:03 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

What software version do you have uploaded?

| Thu 6 Jun 2013 21:11:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

brixo

it is 1.00.37... however... I've figured it after a LOT of head scratching.

I seemed to have 2 DHCP servers on my network - I turned one off and hey presto, it worked.

However, it seems that the static IP gateway and DNS don't stick, but I've read that this is a known issue but nothing is being done about it... useful!!

| Thu 6 Jun 2013 21:12:52 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

watsonm

My ancient Netgear router allows me to allocate a particular IP address to a particular device based on the MAC address. Might be worth checking the docs for your router. Every time the Humax comes up it gets the same IP address.

| Sat 8 Jun 2013 22:43:44 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.