My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR1000s - no power

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

griggar

Hi folks - i have an HDR1000s box and its not powering up. So am after some advice please

As part of troubleshooting this issue - I've tried the following - none of which work
    Checked original PSU - 12v coming from supply
    Swapped with replacement 5A 12v PSU
    Disconnected hard drive SATA and 12v connections
    No signs of bulged caps on the mobo
    If I connect a network cable to the back I can see link lights (but nothing else - eg device does not acquire an IP address)
    Heat sink gets warm with power connected
    This seems to be a fairly common issue - but so far I've not managed to find out what the cause of the problem is - can you clever folks provide any answers
    Thanks

| Mon 18 Dec 2023 11:32:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi griggar,

Welcome to the forum. You seem to have tried quite a few things so far. Frustrating!

Maybe try doing a hard reset: press power button for approx. 10 seconds and see if it will reboot. Failure to this, it might be corrupted firmware, needing a reinstall of software. This is only a guess! If you can obtain firmware from Humax support, ideally trying previous version, to trick box into loading another version than software already installed. It may load onto box, that's if it boots ok, but the only other thing is a fault on motherboard.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Please let forum know how you get on, if you need any more help. John L

| Mon 18 Dec 2023 21:30:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

landyoneten

Hello All.

I am new to this site so thought that I would introduce myself.

As a qualified Electronics Engineer and Humax enthusiast, I have worked with Humax boxes for many years and have gained a good knowledge and experience with them.

I have joined this forum to help others with identifying and resolving issues and I have recently began my own small business doing electronics repairs of all varieties.

The bulk of my work has been with Humax boxes particularly the HDR-1100S no power/recording/signal issues as well as many others.

Please do get in touch if I can help in any way, whether its just for a chat or to arrange a repair.

Thanks,
    Matt

| Wed 20 Dec 2023 22:38:44 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

griggar

Thanks for these suggestions - ive tried a hard reset - the device doesnt want to know and am not sure how I would be able to upload back level firmware since I cant see any way to communicate with the OS on the box.

Landyoneten - in your experience with the symptoms listed on the box - does it sound repairable - and if so what would be a rough cost

Thanks

| Sat 23 Dec 2023 10:12:43 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.