My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Hdr1000s or hdr1010s

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mattg

Hi, after many years as a sky customer I'm considering a swop out to a hdr100s with home plugs or a hdr1010s and wirelessly connect to my router.

Just a couple of quick questions that may help me form a decision.

1. Can the humax remote be programmed to operate my tv, I'm keen not to go back to 2 remote controllers. I have a pioneer tv in the living room and a sony tv in the bedroom

2. Currently I'm using the rf2 to send the coax signal to the second tv with a sky magic eye.
    I have seen recommendations on here for a trial trilink solution, but was wondering if this is the best route, or whether there are any other alternatives?

Thanks for advice in advance

| Sun 24 Nov 2013 19:36:57 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Donj

1. No.
    2. Sorry don't know.

| Sun 24 Nov 2013 21:40:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

woka77

1. No the remote can not control your tv but you can buy a One 4 All remote that can control both TV and Humax HDR 1000s 1010

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/One-For-All-SmartControl-Control/dp/B004AYD49G/?tag=blusas008-21

2. YES But to watch tv in another room you will need a RF modulator plugged into the scart on the human box to create a RF out

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RF-MODULATOR-CONVERT-SCART-PHONO-TO-TV-AERIAL-RF-COAX-/131022563917

| Sun 24 Nov 2013 22:48:43 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The triax unit is a plug and play device that lets you use any box with a scart/phono analogue video and audio outputs with an existing Sky RF distribution system using magic eyes to relay remote control commands back down the video uplink coax to the Sky box. As this will include any remote powered skylink compatible amplifier, it's the obvious choice if you have an existing setup feeding multiple remote TV's

The Sky box system works in the following way

It has an internal PAL analogue colour modulator that creates a new analogue TV channel using the uhf channel setup on the box and adds this channel to those input to the box from your aerial. The combined mix is output from RF1 and RF2 out. Any remote TV with an analogue tuner can tune into this extra channel and view it exactly as if it came from your aerial.

RF2 out adds two extra gizmos, a 9V power output to provide power output.

The magic eyes impose a copy of the control commands output by the Sky box remote on the coax uplink cable using a VHF carrier. The sky box demodulates this carrier to recreate the remote command which the box understands internally. No Infra Red is output at the Sky box end so only the box connected to RF2 will see the commands.

A triax link reproduces this system but also re-transmits any command signals in the remote room in this way other boxes will respond to a suitable remote in the room the triax box is located.

For one or possibly two remote TV's you can use a rf modulator to send the pictures and add a wireless infra red extender like powermids to handle remote control.

The system is only capable of not very good SD picture transmission and mono sound, this of course may be fine for a small screen kitchen/bedroom TV.

The supplied remote for HDR1000/1010S is not multi device capable. The supplied remotes with the earlier boxes like the Foxsat-HDR, HD FOX T2 and the HRD FOX T2 are multidevice and will operate your TV and the G2 boxes if you can pick one up cheaply. Otherwise as already said there a number of multidevice universal remotes on the market.

| Mon 25 Nov 2013 11:21:44 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mattg

Thanks for the replies.

I've read of a number of issues being reported with software issues on these boxes. Are these resolved? If I but a box that doesn't have the latest release, how do I ensure that mine runs the latest release?

| Tue 26 Nov 2013 13:01:00 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mattg - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the replies.
    I've read of a number of issues being reported with software issues on these boxes. Are these resolved? If I but a box that doesn't have the latest release, how do I ensure that mine runs the latest release?

Updating is 100% automatic. You don't have to do anything. Latest release seems very stable.

| Tue 26 Nov 2013 13:15:41 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mattg

Thanks once again for the advice. I've now researched the triax trilink , rf modulators and remote eye solutions.

I must admit to being somewhat disappointed that I will need to employ such a hotchpotch of additional kit to achieve what is really quite a simple solution on my existing rf2 socket on my current sky had box.

I'm leaning towards sticking with sky, even if it's in freesat mode or on a £10 a month basis, simply to avoid the integration with these other kits. Such a shame really! I'm particularly not keen to stick ir receivers to the front of my new humax box as I feel it will spoil the look, in what otherwise is a very neat current installation.

Have I missed something in these earlier posts that I should be reminded of?

The other thing that makes me nervous is the poor responses I've received when I've asked retailers about theses solutions, including one outfit that sell humax and tri link boxes.i -asked advice about alternative remotes and they couldn't help, even though they sell remotes on their own websites......surely this isn't the way it should be?(especially when the total spend will be in excess of £300 by the time I've bought the box, tri link kit and additional remotes.

This isn't a rant .....honest, more of an observation!

Thanks

| Tue 26 Nov 2013 22:17:32 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mattg - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks once again for the advice. I've now researched the triax trilink , rf modulators and remote eye solutions.
    I must admit to being somewhat disappointed that I will need to employ such a hotchpotch of additional kit to achieve what is really quite a simple solution on my existing rf2 socket on my current sky had box.
    I'm leaning towards sticking with sky, even if it's in freesat mode or on a £10 a month basis, simply to avoid the integration with these other kits. Such a shame really! I'm particularly not keen to stick ir receivers to the front of my new humax box as I feel it will spoil the look, in what otherwise is a very neat current installation.
    Have I missed something in these earlier posts that I should be reminded of?
    The other thing that makes me nervous is the poor responses I've received when I've asked retailers about theses solutions, including one outfit that sell humax and tri link boxes.i -asked advice about alternative remotes and they couldn't help, even though they sell remotes on their own websites......surely this isn't the way it should be?(especially when the total spend will be in excess of £300 by the time I've bought the box, tri link kit and additional remotes.
    This isn't a rant .....honest, more of an observation!
    Thanks

New Sky HD boxes don't have the system either. Analogue low quality rf SD only distribution systems relying on the remote TV having the capability to tune analogue PAL 576i signals aren't really future proof. Just as using a freesat box if you want to use the system you need to buy additional hardware.

| Tue 26 Nov 2013 23:44:30 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.