My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

HELLO (and I'm stuck already)

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

al555sea

Hi,
    I have just joined as a total newcomer.
    My mothers PVR-9200T is failing to record using the "ok" button on the remote through the EPG.

Have updated to latest firmware.

Just ordered mod cable to drop files onto a pc (as I hopefully have suspected correctly the PVR HDD needs a reformat?) as I want to save mums programs she has yet to watch.

Only bit I'm stuck on is all the forums say not to allow the HDD to "initialise"... how do I prevent this from happening?

Sorry if I have posted in totally incorrect place.
    Many thanks,
    Al

| Thu 22 Nov 2012 14:16:24 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

al555sea - 30 minutes ago  » 
    Only bit I'm stuck on is all the forums say not to allow the HDD to "initialise"... how do I prevent this from happening?

Welcome to the Forum. I agree that a format is the way forward. The "initialise problem" is where people try and look at the disk using standard Windows tools. Windows knows nothing about the 9200 disk format so treats it as a blank disk. If you just access the disk using humaxrw then you should have no problem.

| Thu 22 Nov 2012 14:50:07 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

al555sea

Thank you Martin,
    Your reply has answered my question perfectly! I will now be able to attempt the format with confidence. Also thank you for reassuring me that HumaxRW is the way to accomplish the task.
    Brilliant!

| Thu 22 Nov 2012 15:59:06 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.