My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Hello and some help required!

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

AngelStars

Hi

I've just bought Freeview FVP 4000T but I am having problems in trying to set it up. I connected the aerial into the back of the unit along with the HDMI but don't can't seem to get any signal. I also don't know why I have a RF cable included when it doesn't say to connect it in the user guide.

Apologies for sounding like an idiot but keen to get this set up xx

| Sun 6 Nov 2016 18:56:38 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Your aerial cable goes into the female socket and the supplied coax then loops the signal back out of the male and into your tv.

| Sun 6 Nov 2016 19:07:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I suspect you have managed to get your aerial into the male socket on the Humax, either by force or perhaps on your old setup it had a male/female adapter on the end and you have mislaid it, thereby mistakenly inserting the coax into the wrong hole.........ooooooooer missus.

| Sun 6 Nov 2016 19:12:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

AngelStars - 35 minutes ago  » 
    Hi
    I've just bought Freeview FVP 4000T but I am having problems in trying to set it up. I connected the aerial into the back of the unit along with the HDMI but don't can't seem to get any signal. I also don't know why I have a RF cable included when it doesn't say to connect it in the user guide.
    Apologies for sounding like an idiot but keen to get this set up xx

In my opinion there is not apology necessary. It would not matter if you did sound like an idiot but you don't sound like an idiot.

For now you should ignore the RF cable that was included. (It is only of use later if for some reason you want to use the TV's freeview tuner and ignore the HDR-4000T superior features!)

You say that you don't appear to get a signal.
    Please would you give more details.
    E.g. How is your FVP-4000T connected to your TV? You mention HDMI but I'm not 100% sure.
    E.g. Do you see any of the FVP-4000T's menus on the TV?
    E.g. Is the 'No Signal message' in the style of your TV's messages and could be from your TV's tuners?

| Sun 6 Nov 2016 19:45:38 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

AngelStars

I have just tried again and this time managed to get a signal!
    Not sure I didn't earlier but may have been as I stupidly had the rf cable connected. Thank you everyone for your posts x

| Sun 6 Nov 2016 20:24:31 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.