My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Hello - music on Humax Freesat HD box?

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jonwade

Hi

Just registered or 1 specific question. It just occurred to me while I was out running that I could possibly put music on my Humax Freesat box. I was toying with the idea of resurrecting my ipod (about 6 years old now and not used in about 5 years) and getting one of those ipod aps, when I thought, hey, I may be able to copy music to my freesat box and listen from there. I use the radio a lot.

Ideally I'd be able to create folders and dump loads of music in, then play all.

Is it possible?

I guess I need to dig out the manual ......

Uodate: the model is a Humax FOXSAT-HDR Freesat+ 320GB HD Digital TV Twin Tuner HD Recorder (according to my Amazon order page!)

| Wed 4 Jul 2012 23:09:39 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Welcome to the forum

Yes it's possible, you can create folders for MP3 audio and jpeg photos and copy either to these folders from a usb device. (File manager accessed from media via opt+ is used to create folders)

A section of the HDD is reserved for these and is seperate to the video folder. When you press media you are in the default video folder. Look at the prompts the colour keys let you switch to the music/jpeg folders.

You can play music or display photos direct from usb without copying to the internal hdd.

Insert the usb drive, when you get the usb inserted message, press media then red and switch to the usb drive. The colour keys to switch to displaying music/photos are prompted on screen. Play back in the usual way.

| Wed 4 Jul 2012 23:18:07 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jonwade

Cool. And thanks again?

I recognise your name and think you may have answered a question on another forum when I bought my box in 2010! Cannot remember the forum I was using now though.

| Wed 4 Jul 2012 23:23:42 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jonwade

Just did some googling and found this: http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1280948-opions-panasonic-humax.html

| Wed 4 Jul 2012 23:27:19 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jonwade

I guess I now need to work out how to get files on to the box .... can you add a usb stick and transfer?

| Wed 4 Jul 2012 23:33:26 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jonwade - 4 minutes ago  » 
    I guess I now need to work out how to get files on to the box .... can you add a usb stick and transfer?

Look at the edit.

You can use an external drive for music/photos (and archived video) there is no need to transfer to the internal hdd if you don't want to.

There is also a custom firmware that lets you transfer directly from a PC without using usb at all.

| Wed 4 Jul 2012 23:41:50 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I'll transfer posts 7,8,9 to new topic in FVP 4000T forum shortly, then edit this post with link to it.

Edit: Done see https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/transfer-mp3-files-from-win-10-pc-to-fvp-4000t#post-60521

| Thu 14 Sep 2017 21:37:52 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.