My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Hello.Which is the right one for me?

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

kathateria

Hello there.Thanks for having me!
    We have just got married,and had quite a bit of money.Some of which we are putting towards a smart Tv and Humax.
    What I want to know is, which humax will suit our needs the best.
    We dont have sky,and never will.So no dish.
    I want to watch bbci player,4OD and ITVplayer.
    Also,can the bbcplayer and itvplayer be recorded,or do you have to watch those within the seven days,as you would online? Any suggestions would be great.
    Kathy.

| Mon 29 Apr 2013 14:17:22 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi and welcome to the forum. You can't normally record the iplayer or itvplayer streams with any of the Humax boxes. It's possible using the HDR FOX T2 by installing a add on to the standard firmware (Custom Firmware). Unfortunately this box doesn't have 4OD and is very unlikely to ever do so.

Apart from the inability to record vod the Humax Youview box has the 4 VOD services but sadly currently lacks many of the features of the other HD Humax pvrs.

See here

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/salient-points-from-faqs

If 4OD is a priority and you don't want to install a dish then the Youview box is your only option.

If you can do without 4OD then the HDR FOX T2 is a more capable pvr especially with the Custom Firmware add on.

| Mon 29 Apr 2013 14:30:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

kathateria

4od isnt really essential,it would be a nice option,though
    Excellent.Thanks for the response.

| Mon 29 Apr 2013 14:34:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi,

I'd agree with Graham, and congratulations by the way, I still recommend the hdr-fox-t2 with custom firmware, afaik it doesn't provide itv-player either as well as missing 4od. I only use bbc iplayer on mine. Newer led smart tv's sometimes provide 4od, itv-player etc. so assuming you choose a tv with these then the hdr-fox-t2 would still make an excellent choice. There are plenty of other ways to get ip content, ps3's for example will provide itv-player, flickr (or was it love film?) etc. so there's plenty of choice. Be wary of HD ready if you're after a bargain, there are still some plasmas around that are smart, give a great picture, but aren't full HD

I'd also think about a decent sound-bar if your budget permits, unless you've already got a sound system. It will improve the tv sound greatly, you won't need the tv on to listen to internet radio and some come with usb, docks, bluetooth or similar connectivity to allow an mp3 player etc. to be connected, just a thought.

Please do let us know in due course what you went for, why and your opinion after a few weeks use, it's always interesting to get feedback.

| Mon 29 Apr 2013 15:05:07 #4 |
  5. brian

brian

special member

If you buy one of the new Samsung smart TV's, you will get BBC iPlayer, itv Player, 4 on Demand, and Demand 5. This will allow you to watch these services, but not record them.

| Mon 29 Apr 2013 15:05:38 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

kathateria

We were really after plasma,as we thought it may be better suited with kids fingers,and dogs noses!
    But the samsungs do look amazing.
    42 inch is the biggest we could go,as space doesnt allow for bigger.

| Mon 29 Apr 2013 15:09:44 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Apologies - The HDR FOX T2 doesn't have itv player (it's very poor quality anyway). It does have the HD version of iplayer if you have a fast enough internet service

| Mon 29 Apr 2013 15:28:16 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

kathateria

Do any of them allow itv player?

| Mon 29 Apr 2013 15:56:01 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

kathateria - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Do any of them allow itv player?

Freeview

DTR-T1000/1010 (Youview)

Satellite

Foxsat-HDR and HDR1000/1010S (G2 <freetime> )

| Mon 29 Apr 2013 16:02:03 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

kathateria

Massive thanks

| Mon 29 Apr 2013 18:59:36 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.