My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Help! HDR2000T asking for disk format

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

batteryman - 2 hours ago  » 
    If i can get them off the hard disk I should be able to watch using a laptop running VLC or something similar - it works with my Foxsat HDR.

No it will not work; unlike the FOXSAT the files (yes even SD) will still be encrypted.

I did mention it would be unwatchable in my (rather hurried) earlier post. Which is why I suggested getting all the files off the disk if possible, reformatting the disk, and then returning them to the Humax - then saving to USB.
    Sometimes I wonder whether trying to be helpful is worth the bother if people don't then read what is written.

| Tue 18 Nov 2014 18:57:09 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

It's not worth the bother, it obviously irritates you. I'd take up gardening instead.

| Tue 18 Nov 2014 20:48:51 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

To round it off, ftp software installed on 2 PCs and got both "talking" to the HDR-2000T. No access to any media files or anything else on the hard disk so I assume either it or the disk controller is faulty and the machine useless as it is.

New HDR-2000T/1TB delivered this morning - the warranty service with Humax is very good. Lets hope its a problem-free experience from now on.

| Fri 21 Nov 2014 9:48:28 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.