My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Help Required with setting up my Humax Foxsat HD

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

NicholasB

Hello,

I'm new to this forum but I would truly appreciate a little help from the knowledgeable people among you. I recently moved from the UK to work in Kampala (Uganda) so I decided to bring my Humax Foxsat HD PVR receiver with me if for nothing else just to watch a large number of programs I recorded in the UK. However it seems to want to re-tune itself and will not exit out of the set up screen. I obviously cannot set it up to receive a satellite over here (or could I, is that possible to set it up to receive a “local satellite”?). It would seem that I can watch my recordings only when it has been set up to receive the Freesat signal which it cannot do with the (fixed) dish I have in Uganda; also Uganda does not use postcodes so what do I do it just keeps saying postcode not recognised.

So is there any way I can view the recorded programs without setting up the receiver and is my receiver is useless in Uganda or could I pick up local satellites?

| Mon 19 Nov 2012 14:22:36 #1 |
  2. John the Met

John the Met

Hi NicholasB
    I have just noticed that your thread is hanging, if that is the term?
    I'm no expert but have youu tried entering a valid UK postcode and then carrying on with the set-up routine?
    I suggest this in the hope that this will appease the set up software which will then, hopefully, scan for a signal and then digest what it has found, or not as the case maybe.
    Hopefully this will then unlock what you have stored away on your hard drive.
    Well, good luck, at least the weather is warmer than in the UK.

| Tue 4 Dec 2012 20:18:57 #2 |
  3. John the Met

John the Met

Hi NicholasB.
    I have just noticed that people that know more that me have been kicking around a thread about watching hard drive content without any satellite signal.
    Pick up that thread and see if anything crops up that gets you sorted.

| Wed 5 Dec 2012 16:22:02 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

1. This thread appeared to be in the wrong forum (HD)so moved to here (HDR)

2. The OP posted the same question twice, Graham has given some advice in other thread Here, so closing this one.

| Wed 5 Dec 2012 16:53:49 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.