My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Help running humaxrw on 9300T please

(32 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Emma

Hmm, stuck at the first hurdle. I'm trying to run humaxdiag but I've had 'permission denied' trying 1: and 2: and for any above this (e.g.3: etc) I get no such file or directory.

Any ideas?

| Wed 22 Aug 2012 19:07:41 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

xyz321

Check that you are running it as Administrator (see Martin's post).

| Wed 22 Aug 2012 21:26:28 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Emma

I overlooked this, seemed to have solved the problem, thanks!

| Wed 22 Aug 2012 21:42:18 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

xyz321

I think what has happened is that at some stage the recording list has become corrupt. The Humax has then discarded it and started a new one.

Emma, please don't reformat the drive just yet (unless you are really desperate). You should be fine to copy recordngs from the disk though. Also could you try 'getting' some of the entries without the -r option to humaxrw.

Martin, do we know if the problem restoring recordings to the hard disk occurs only when using ts2hrw or does it also occur when not using recovery mode?

| Thu 23 Aug 2012 8:22:08 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

xyz321 - 6 hours ago  » 
    Martin, do we know if the problem restoring recordings to the hard disk occurs only when using ts2hrw or does it also occur when not using recovery mode?

I think it occurs in both cases. As I recollect one of the users reporting the problem had a full list of programs but was trying to fix a problem with the timeshift buffer.

| Thu 23 Aug 2012 14:35:52 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Emma

I can manage without reformatting just yet (still got my trusty VCR hooked up on another TV for anything urgent!).

I'll try getting a list of the files and then copying them using the -r option and then try getting a list of them without.

| Thu 23 Aug 2012 15:11:18 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Emma

I think something might be going wrong. I have tried to get a list of files using -r -l but only get a list of 18 programmes then it gets to 19 then after a few seconds adds 18.epg: Permission denied (so 1918.epg: Permission denied).

Also when it lists the programmes it is a bit odd e.g. 1: ***Buffer***, 2: The Closer: Father Ted: Father Ted. Two of the files between 1 - 18 say buffer and all of the remaining files have multiple programme names next to them. Some of which I have never recorded!

Could you please advise?

As suggested by xyz321 I have managed to get a list of files without using -r. It lists the 12 programmes which currently appear in my recorded list.

| Fri 24 Aug 2012 18:26:12 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

xyz321

Emma - 2 hours ago  » 
    I think something might be going wrong. I have tried to get a list of files using -r -l but only get a list of 18 programmes then it gets to 19 then after a few seconds adds 18.epg: Permission denied (so 1918.epg: Permission denied).

It sounds like there is a problem reading the file 18.epg. This could be a corrupt file, a faulty disk or it might be a cabling problem.

Also when it lists the programmes it is a bit odd e.g. 1: ***Buffer***, 2: The Closer: Father Ted: Father Ted. Two of the files between 1 - 18 say buffer and all of the remaining files have multiple programme names next to them. Some of which I have never recorded!

As mentioned in a previous post the recording list has become corrupt at some point and a new one created which now only contains 12 entries. Without the -r (recover) option, humaxrw uses the recording list which contains the 12 entries. When you add the -r option it does not use the recording list file. Instead it attempts to create a listing from the epg files. These contain the synopsis information which you see on the screen when the info button is pressed. Sometimes these files contain information from the previous or next programme as well as the current programme depending on start times etc. The listing you see with the -r option shows all the entries in the epg files.

In order to work around the problem with 18.epg, you could also add a -n option to humaxrw. This will ignore all the epg files when producing a listing. You will then get a very basic listing with no titles.

BTW. The two entries marked **buffer** are the time shift buffers which can also be copied if required.

| Fri 24 Aug 2012 21:12:18 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Emma

Thanks for this.

So if I've understood correctly I should still be able to get a list of all of the programmes (200ish) - numbered not named - by adding the -n. Then I should be able to carry on and copy these to the computer?

If so, could you just tell me exactly what to enter to do this i.e. where do you put the -n?

| Fri 24 Aug 2012 21:24:02 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

xyz321

Yes, that's correct. The order of the options is not too crtical but something like this should work:

humaxrw -l -r -n 1:

(substitute 1: with your actual disk number).

| Fri 24 Aug 2012 21:33:15 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.