My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

There is a technical difference between the players, some, for the moment anyway, use MHEG and others HTML5.

I believe that using MHEG requires a channel number to load the code to download the content.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 9:57:24 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sime

Has anyone resolved the on demand & showcase unavailable problem?

I installed a new HDR 1000 yesterday and have the exact same symptoms as the OP.

I can access iplayer via channel 901, and have a good broadband connection via ethernet.

On Demand and Showcase both say they are "unavailable" and ask me to connect to broadband.

I feel I have paid fro a service I am not currently receiving.

Any info from Humax / Freesat would be welcome before I return the box.

Cheers

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 10:14:57 #42 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

What might give some insight into the problem is some more information on your installation.

That you can get 901 confirms an active LAN and WAN network connection with access to a working name server.

Was the network connected on first install and did you see any message concerning it?

How are you connected to your LAN?

A suggestion:
    Does anything change if you disconnect the network cable for 30 secs and reconnect - wait for any message resulting message for 15 secs before trying on-demand and showcase.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 10:50:43 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sime

Hi, Thanks for the reply

I have tried your suggestion, disconnecting the network cable with no success.

The network was connected on first install and went through the connection page normally and successfully.

I have also tried resetting to factory defaults but still cannot get the on demand / showcase services - the message is that they are unavailable and that I need to connect to broadband even though my connection is obviously good.

It is very suspicious that several users in this thread have the exact sam problem.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 11:05:14 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nicjef

Sime - 54 minutes ago  » 
    I installed a new HDR 1000 yesterday and have the exact same symptoms as the OP.
    I can access iplayer via channel 901, and have a good broadband connection via ethernet.
    On Demand and Showcase both say they are "unavailable" and ask me to connect to broadband.
    Cheers

I'll second that. Exactly the same for me. Look forward to Humax sorting out its servers as presumably they are providing the DNS rather than my ISP if the box thinks it's not connected to Broadband.

Edited to get over predictive text sorry

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 11:13:27 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

It is very suspicious that several users in this thread have the exact sam problem.

What's odd, I would say, is not that several users have the same symptoms, but the fact that the problem has only been reported by a few. Given that Humax say they know what's wrong but haven't suggested a workaround, you'd expect all users to be affected. But some of us are not.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 11:20:08 #46 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Nicjef - 4 minutes ago  » 

Sime - 54 minutes ago  » 
    Cheers

I'll second that. Exactly the same for me. Look forward to Humax sorting out its servers as presumably they are providing the Day rather than my SIPP if the box thinks it's not connected to Broadband.

The only production server that Humax run is the portal (plus their http server). All the rest comes from freesat / content providers.

The aspect most noticeable with this problem is that almost all units that have reported the problem in this thread are brand new.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 11:23:23 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nicjef

JamesB - 1 minute ago  » 

What's odd, I would say, is not that several users have the same symptoms, but the fact that the problem has only been reported by a few. Given that Humax say they know what's wrong but haven't suggested a workaround, you'd expect all users to be affected. But some of us are not.

It would appear to be an Internet issue rather than box. Could it be something related to an ISP not allowing connection to their servers? I am on plusnet.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 11:24:16 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

The aspect most noticeable with this is that almost all units that have reported the problem in this thread are brand new.

I make it seven out of twelve.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 11:24:31 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Could it be something related to an ISA not allowing connection to their servers? I am on plusnet.
    I'm also on Plusnet and not having any problems.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 11:25:53 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.