My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tdodd

Lorac - 1 minute ago  » 
    Told to use Ethernet cable or Homeplug adaptor.
    I have virgin broadband and router is at the other end of the room.
    I bought the 1010s because of the wifi connection.

The problem is unlikely to be with your Wi-Fi connection and the message is misleading. The problem, according to posts in this discussion, is at the Humax end of things.

In my brief experience the Wi-Fi works really well. I get a 117-130Mbps connection from opposite sides of the house and separated by one floor.

| Fri 19 Sep 2014 20:39:26 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lorac

Unplugged the Humax box then plugged it back in. It started up and I managed to get it connected to the internet. Went to 901 and picked a program and it has came up with 'Something went wrong playing this program'.

| Fri 19 Sep 2014 20:43:25 #32 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

tdodd - 47 minutes ago  » 

Lorac - 1 minute ago  » 
    Told to use Ethernet cable or Homeplug adaptor.
    I have virgin broadband and router is at the other end of the room.
    I bought the 1010s because of the wifi connection.

The problem is unlikely to be with your Wi-Fi connection and the message is misleading. The problem, according to posts in this discussion, is at the Humax end of things.
    In my brief experience the Wi-Fi works really well. I get a 117-130Mbps connection from opposite sides of the house and separated by one floor.

"The problem, according to posts in this discussion, is at the Humax end of things" Don't see how you deduce this, freesat's servers possibly. Humax serve no on-demand or showcase content.

| Fri 19 Sep 2014 21:29:58 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

tdodd

Posts 14 and 24.

| Fri 19 Sep 2014 21:35:11 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SGT_Biglegs

901 works for me but not On Demand. Box arrived Weds, didn't work. Updated the Software, still does not work Disappointed.

Using Home Plugs (Known good), to rule out I also went direct to my router, changed my DNS, all the usual.

Chris MBCS

| Fri 19 Sep 2014 22:30:45 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

fredem

Updated box yesterday(HDR-1000S), same problem as others have experienced, i.e. service not available, check network connection, network is connected via cable and can be seen on network. Came back to problem later, now box goes onto on demand but no graphics in selection squares but channel name comes up in text when a square selected, so maybe its sort of fixed, however, a further problem arose. As I was already playing around with the box I decided to clear out some old recordings from the HDD. Individual programmes can be deleted no problem, but if I try to 'delete series' box does a full reset and restarts. Anyone else seen this problem?

Fred

| Sat 20 Sep 2014 15:33:58 #36 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

fredem - 44 minutes ago  » 
    Updated box yesterday(HDR-1000S), same problem as others have experienced, i.e. service not available, check network connection, network is connected via cable and can be seen on network. Came back to problem later, now box goes onto on demand but no graphics in selection squares but channel name comes up in text when a square selected, so maybe its sort of fixed, however, a further problem arose. As I was already playing around with the box I decided to clear out some old recordings from the HDD. Individual programmes can be deleted no problem, but if I try to 'delete series' box does a full reset and restarts. Anyone else seen this problem?
    Fred

I have once a very long time ago. How many recordings approx were in the folder you to series delete ? I haven't been able to replicate it again.

Could be worth factory resetting the box.

| Sat 20 Sep 2014 16:20:32 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

fredem

Hi I was trying to delete a load of kids stuff which we series linked for use by my granddaughter during the summer, they hadn't been stopped so had just carried on recording with about 20 different programmes each having 20+ entries - so a long job one by one. This problem occurred several times yesterday after update even after power off etc. but not sure whether it worked before update or not, hence query.
    Regards Fred

| Sat 20 Sep 2014 20:14:58 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ranger176

Strangely enough, ever since I owned my HDR-1000S, which is just over two months, I can access On Demand in two ways. If I go via the TV Guide + List, the only channels I get are iPlayer (channel 901) and ITV Player (channel 903). If I access On Demand via the Home button, I get all eight On Demand channels. Is this normal?

The new Showcase appearance works fine.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 9:21:12 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

You can also access the catchup On Demand players through the backwards EPG and through Showcase.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 9:34:58 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.