My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bmck

> Hi Graham Did you fix the local IP-address used by your box so it remains the same ?
    If you mean using a manual wifi setup instead of letting the box search for one? No, I didn't do that
    As I said, the MAC of the Humax showed on the routers connected devices list. I probably could have added that permanently too....but I didn't have to do either of these before On Demand stopped working.

> Hi James Could you clarify - was the Humax having problems with On Demand, or recording, or both?

Recording was fine. I just couldn't get On Demand. No left arrow in the EPG.
    Since that was one of the main reasons for buying a Freetime model over a cheaper Non-Freetime model, I wanted it to work.

| Sun 20 Sep 2015 21:04:35 #921 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

> Hi James Could you clarify - was the Humax having problems with On Demand, or recording, or both?

Recording was fine. I just couldn't get On Demand. No left arrow in the EPG.
    Since that was one of the main reasons for buying a Freetime model over a cheaper Non-Freetime model, I wanted it to work.

Fair enough.

| Sun 20 Sep 2015 22:20:32 #922 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

sma236

Hi

Has any one resolved these no on demand or showcase issues yet?

I just purchased a replacement Human as my old one got so slow to use. Great until this the On Demand and Showcase problem as so many people seem to have.

It did not work to start with then for a brief period of time it did now and for the past week it does not. Weird. In settings I look at the internet connection either wifi or ethernet and it tells me all the details of my connection and confirms my connection details. then when looking for my Freesat ID it says Internet connection required for this. Go back to internet connection - still connected. No On Demand or Showcase no matter how long I wait... very long 1 minute in Humax land. Just get On Demand is not currently available or Showcase is not currently available
    on the freest ID I get Unable to access Freest ID Your box requires an internet connection to access Freest ID.

Here are my box and connection details. I am connected via an ethernet connection to an EE Brightbox or I can connect to my wifi slave BT home hub by wifi - but neither work.

Humax

HDR-1100S
    Software UKSFAA 2.02.46
    Loader UKSFAA 1.02
    29 July 2015
    Micom UKSFAA 8.04.01
    DCHP
    IP 192.168.1.69
    Net mask 266.255.255.0
    Gateway 192.168.1.254
    MAC 40:3D:EC:11:E8.BC
    BeBox 192.168.1.69

Looking at the postings on this and other sites this appears to have been going on for many years... someone must have fixed it by now???

Any help or guidance would help.

Thank you Steve

| Tue 17 Nov 2015 1:06:55 #923 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Danbo

^^^
    I wonder if forcing it to use a static/manual IP will work? I have done that on my 1100s as I wanted to use a Smart DNS service for catchup TV...

To do this I turned off DHCP address allocation on my modem/hub and then connected via an ethernet cable to the 1100s. It can't get a DHCP address so then gives the prompt to manually configure (the option isn't present if DHCP is enabled). I then gave it the same IP details -except my DNS is not the same as the gateway.

Also I recall that on the BT Hub don't you have to authorise a device's internet connection - at least I recall that from my limited dealings with a BT home hub?

| Tue 17 Nov 2015 10:55:59 #924 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

sma236

Thank you Danbo I may give that a try and will let you know if successful.
    I am planning at the moment to try to get the main broad band Brightbox next to the Humax and see if that helps as i am also suspicious of the BT hub i am using as a slave. The only time it worked was when connected direct to the Brightbox over a mains link adaptor ethernet connection.

I have also sent my problem direct to Humax but no reply so far.

| Tue 17 Nov 2015 21:55:40 #925 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

sma236

I contacted Humax as I mentioned before and they sent me the following. Basically perform a factory reset. Which I did and an hour later no on demand or showcase... I performed a further factory reset on my EE Brightbox Router and touch wood no problems since.

If you are having issues connecting your Humax Box to the Network, internet or On Demand Players then please take the following steps:

• Turn the Humax Box off with the remote or the button on the front of the box
    • Turn the Humax Box off at the mains
    • Power down and then turn the Broadband Hub/Router off at the mains
    • Leave the Broadband Hub/Router off for 5 minutes
    • Turn the Broadband Hub/Router back on at the mains
    • Wait another 10 minutes and turn the Humax Box on at the mains. Then with the remote or the button on the front of the box power it on.

Then perform a factory reset (option found in setup in the menu and instructions are listed below). Following these instructions will reset some system settings including your Recording Schedule (Please replace when complete to ensure you still record favourite programmes).

Any previous recorded programmes will be saved.

1. Press Settings on your remote.
    2. Move to System Settings and press OK.
    3. Move to Factory Default and press OK.
    4. Reset System will be highlighted, press OK.
    5. It will ask you if you are sure, highlight Yes and press OK.
    6. It will then ask for your password, default is 0000
    7. The box will then reset itself. You will then need to go through the initial setup again.

After this procedure has finished then change the channel on the Humax Box to BBC 1HD for 30 minutes before trying to use the box
    Thank you Robert for providing these instructions.
    Regards Steve

| Thu 26 Nov 2015 22:08:28 #926 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

nontechsavvy

sma236 - 4 months ago  » 
    I contacted Humax as I mentioned before and they sent me the following. Basically perform a factory reset. Which I did and an hour later no on demand or showcase... I performed a further factory reset on my EE Brightbox Router and touch wood no problems since.
    If you are having issues connecting your Humax Box to the Network, internet or On Demand Players then please take the following steps:
    • Turn the Humax Box off with the remote or the button on the front of the box
    • Turn the Humax Box off at the mains
    • Power down and then turn the Broadband Hub/Router off at the mains
    • Leave the Broadband Hub/Router off for 5 minutes
    • Turn the Broadband Hub/Router back on at the mains
    • Wait another 10 minutes and turn the Humax Box on at the mains. Then with the remote or the button on the front of the box power it on.
    Then perform a factory reset (option found in setup in the menu and instructions are listed below). Following these instructions will reset some system settings including your Recording Schedule (Please replace when complete to ensure you still record favourite programmes).
    Any previous recorded programmes will be saved.
    1. Press Settings on your remote.
    2. Move to System Settings and press OK.
    3. Move to Factory Default and press OK.
    4. Reset System will be highlighted, press OK.
    5. It will ask you if you are sure, highlight Yes and press OK.
    6. It will then ask for your password, default is 0000
    7. The box will then reset itself. You will then need to go through the initial setup again.
    After this procedure has finished then change the channel on the Humax Box to BBC 1HD for 30 minutes before trying to use the box
    Thank you Robert for providing these instructions.
    Regards Steve

Hi,
    Recently lost ability to play on demand programmes on my HDR1000S.When entering on demand,icons were not loading.Tried system reset,powering off router etc but nothing worked.I finally resolved the problem by going into settings,storage,HDD,and performing disc cleaning.All works perfectly now.Hope this helps somebody.

| Sat 9 Apr 2016 23:50:29 #927 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gorillaman

I got the usual annoying messages about non availability/connection. On Demand not available at all using the TV list buttons.
    Then I found that if I used the Home button and then went to On Demand - hey presto, it was all there.
    May not help everyone but it sure saves time on complicated resets,losing recordings etc etc.

| Tue 12 Apr 2016 8:48:20 #928 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

PeterH

Hi, I have recently purchased an 1100 to replace sky. It works very well and the picture quality seems better. The only problem I have is the on demand service. Whilst I can get on to services, whilst watching either bbci player or netflix after approx 35 minutes the program freezes with the dreaded rotating load icon. Sadly nothing loads. No matter how long I wait. I have to press back and reselect the program and it then carrys on playing from where it stopped for a further 35 mins when it will do the same thing.. Anyone help with this please.?Dont have the same problem watching netflix on another device nor with the sky box so its not the network.?

| Mon 7 Nov 2016 12:40:23 #929 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

johncoke

I have exactly the same problem I have a HDR-1000s connected as recommended by Homeplug adapters to my plusnet fibre router Same freezing on bbciplayer .

HELP??

| Sun 13 Nov 2016 17:23:54 #930 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.