My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Help, what remote do i need to change TV volume

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lightfast

Finally ditched sky and got a 2nd hand 1000s 1tb but it has a remote with a tv/av button at the top and it appears that this remote can only adjust the volume on the stb?

Now i've read this remote was changed out for one that can also change the tv volume but i'm struggling to find one for sale? It seems to have a dedictated Tv and STB button at the top.

Would the youview remote work ok? its seems much more reasonably priced
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-OFFICIAL-Remote-Control-for-HUMAX-DTR-T1000-YOUVIEW-RM-103U-CABLES-/181806165402?hash=item2a547ded9a

| Wed 5 Aug 2015 21:57:04 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

gobbmeister

I have exactly the same issue with my HB-1000S.

The steps to configure the RCU to control my TV don't work as I don't have a backlit "TV" button, rather a TV/AV button.

Does anyone know if this RCU can be programmed to work my TV? I've Googled the hell out of it with no luck.

From what I can make out the remote I have is RM-108U. The remote with a backlit "TV" button is RM-109U, but Humax's website doesn't say this remote is compatible with my box. http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/accessories/rm-i09u.html

To add confusion, the User Manual for the HB-1000S states that to setup the RCU to control my TV I need to hold the TV button for "3 seconds until the button lights on". This would suggest the HB-1000S comes with the RM-109U?

Any knowledge would be much appreciated!

| Thu 6 Aug 2015 12:18:12 #2 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Or treat yourself to a Logica Harmony universal remote control?

| Thu 6 Aug 2015 12:58:15 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to you both

Confusion reigns and its not your fault.

The later versions of the RM108U do have the necessary backlit TV button, so check with supplier before ordering.

@lightfast - that is a Youview remote, whilst it will control your 1000S the button assignments might be confusing.

| Thu 6 Aug 2015 12:58:54 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

An image of new remote still in packaging:

You can see it has necessary backlit keys, and model number is on label.

Attachments

1. RM-108U.jpg (3346.6 KB, 5 downloads) 8 years old
    | Thu 6 Aug 2015 13:07:56 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

gomezz - 1 hour ago  » 
    Or treat yourself to a Logica Harmony universal remote control?

Logica?

| Thu 6 Aug 2015 14:08:17 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

gobbmeister

Massive thanks Barry, 2 versions of the RM-I08U was the only logical explanation I could come up with after further reading.

Anyone recommend a good place to purchase one? I'm tempted to keep the original remote unless I can get a really cheap one, the HB-1000S only cost me £40 second hand!

| Thu 6 Aug 2015 16:10:15 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

lightfast

Think im going to try a logitech harmony, not sure which one but a cheapish one. Can the newer version of the standard remote change tv input and turn the tv off?

I will probably be swapping between my amazon firetv and the humax box quite a bit. My old sky remote was perfect in terms of functionality shame humax didnt quite do so well.

| Thu 6 Aug 2015 22:27:44 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

What functions the newer Humax remote can control on your TV differs from manufacturer to manufacturer.

You should be able to power on/off, control volume, and access TV menus.

Changing inputs may/may not work - trial and error as to which button, if any, will perform the function.

| Fri 7 Aug 2015 8:48:35 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

lightfast

Thanks for the help, im in two minds to go for the genuine one or the harmony 350.

Leaning towards the 350, anyone used one with the humax and found it any good?

| Fri 7 Aug 2015 17:36:22 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.